Halloween Forum banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
Awesome job! I like the bronzing you did too.. makes it look antique. Does monster mud stick to plastic ok? I bought a very large, plastic cauldron from Halloween city last year and wanted to grunge it up using either "great stuff" or the monster mud. I'm starting to feel like I'm way behind! :eek:
I AM way behind..lol..this was my first project this year :( I put paper mache on first, but I think that monster mud will stick to anything..and it dries super fast!

·
"KAT IN THE HAT"
546 Posts
well, got mine made, the only thing I didnt care for, you can see my lines from my cardboard..and that was with like 7 coats of paper mache and a coat of monster mud! The reason its kind of shiny..I painted it with liquid bronze..because it dries really hard

View attachment 176955
OK Kell I have been looking at this from an unbias angle and I can see your concern but it does make it original and unlike all others but my concern is your choice of legs it looks kinda flimsy where as if legs were bulked up a little it would pull it all together and original???

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
OK Kell I have been looking at this from an unbias angle and I can see your concern but it does make it original and unlike all others but my concern is your choice of legs it looks kinda flimsy where as if legs were bulked up a little it would pull it all together and original???
LOL, The legs are cast iron from old porch poles and they are screwed on! They probably wont show up anyway, I just wanted something to keep it off the ground and they were here so..ya know how that goes....:D

·
"KAT IN THE HAT"
546 Posts
Nope I get it I could just picture your legs made out of something bulkier like tree stumps or something weird something natural like rocks or driftwood

·
"KAT IN THE HAT"
546 Posts
Kelloween I hope you do not mind but I just hit my 500 entry and it is an honor as you are the one I was talking to so now I get to choose my whatever that thing is I get to choose.

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
Kelloween I hope you do not mind but I just hit my 500 entry and it is an honor as you are the one I was talking to so now I get to choose my whatever that thing is I get to choose.
OMG, No. i welcome ideas...in fact I did look for something thicker..couldn't come up with anything! yay. for 500!!

·
Powered by Unicorn Blood
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Welll...I think it looks great!!...love the legs

·
Registered
5 Posts
loved the cauldron,untill your post I could not find one big enough. SO what do you think of this?A path with 6 withhes along the way ending with the big cauldron
sitting on glowing coals,its filled with doll headt.In the backround a gingerbread house with a live witch beckoning the children to come in ,taste the house.?
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR CAULDRON!!
louise1

·