Halloween Forum banner

121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can not wait to try this prop come September. Definitely the 1st on the list to do. What an awesome tutorial also, the pictures help idiots like me. Awesome job.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great cauldrons everyone. Definitely keeping this post saved as even though I always do pirates, I think a voodoo shack may need to appear soon and a cauldron would look great in it.

Thanks for all the ideas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hahaha. Just went to WallyWorld, got my bucket and duct tape. Couldnt wait till September. Project is in the works.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm preparing for voodoo party this year and don't know how to excuse need for a cauldron....but I just got to make it - looks too good :) thank you for great tutorial

·
Registered
268 Posts
Got mine almost done tonight. Put on a coat of Seal Krete last night. I was really surprised at how heavy and sturdy its become. I did use 64 cut outs on mine; one each at 90 degrees and then filled in by splitting the halves until I had fifteen in between each original 4. Lowes had the Seal Krete on sale, a 5 gallon bucket for $23 marked down from $56.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
159ac9e30884b6dda59169d143fd7c7b.jpg Here's an idea... also if your interested I do have a voodoo on the bayou board in m pinterest, just use the link in my signature....

I'm preparing for voodoo party this year and don't know how to excuse need for a cauldron....but I just got to make it - looks too good :) thank you for great tutorial

·
Registered
86 Posts
Special thank you to OldManBakke for the idea of using jigsaw! that's beside a thank you for the whole tutorial.

here is my progress on cauldron:
20140810_142110_Android.jpg

I used an old large flower pot and 32 carton ribs.
Once finished I'll make an album with all progress pics.

here is the finished prop :)
new_old-cauldron.jpg - details and steps in the album http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/svetlana-albums-cauldron-build-up.html

·
Registered
65 Posts
Working at a grocery store, I just score 3 banana boxes FULL of rolls of register tape. The coupons are all expired so they were tossing them out. With hopes this will work for paper mache for this project.

121 - 140 of 160 Posts