Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Powered by Unicorn Blood
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is a project inspired (copied from) by SKAustin.

It is essentially a large rope handled bin with the rope removed. I then needed to make a bunch of ribs to create the cauldron shape. Taking the time to make a great template was key!

Attachments

·
Powered by Unicorn Blood
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I then acquired some heavy duty / thick cardboard and cut it to length, stacked it 4 deep, clamped it down and cut it with a jig saw. The saw had a fine blade on it and worked great. I tried to cut them by hand with scissors, however that was to tedious and compromised the structural integrity of the cardboard (creasing , bending it, etc)

Attachments

·
Powered by Unicorn Blood
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I then measured the circumference of the bin and it was about 60"....so I spaced the ribs out at 2" and began gluing them in place. I was surprised how sturdy it is beginning to feel!

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
It'll be like going over a balloon so shouldn't be a problem. Looking good so far.

If youre worried about slipage. Take your paper and go light on the mache and just put random little strips here and there. Wait like a half hour or so and then do the rest.

·