Halloween Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's a vid of the final room. We had to move inside because it was too cold and windy outside. I used several projects from this site. It has been a real gem of a find.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm new to the forum, so I'm just seeing this, but I'm stoked! I really need a large, person-size cauldron this year and I was at a loss... It looks like this will work for me. Thanks so much for the tutorial! :)

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great work, stuffyteddybare, very fun!

Here's my progress:
cauldron_progress.jpg

I am having trouble before the paper mache stage. I do not know what to do with the cauldron as far as putting it on coals, or hanging, or what... Any suggestions/advice greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ya new to Halloween forum, does anyone know how to get that melted metal effect as in photo posted by pumpkinpie of cauldron with alligator in it? Thanks

·
Disney Inspired
840 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Most likely it was done with GreatStuff spray foam. I would encourage you to post the question on PumpkinPie's home page. You will find that members here are very giving of their talents.

Hi ya new to Halloween forum, does anyone know how to get that melted metal effect as in photo posted by pumpkin pie of cauldron with alligator in it? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
and 5, or 6, or could it have been 7 coats of paper mache later..... Had no issues with it adhering to the duct tape. I did use a slightly different method though. I did not put the paper in the glue mix, but rather smeared the glue water mix on the duct tape and then put the dry paper on the moist surface. Then smoothed it out with a wet hand from the mixture....just like Dan the Monster Man does it.
I understand this is an old post but what exactly did you use for your “glue water mix”.
Should I use the old flour and water mixture that Dan the monster man uses...or should I use a different glue mixture and apply it with his method?

·
Registered
103 Posts
hi,
found your cauldron tutorial via pinterest, and my theme for next year (should have been this year) is the witches lair/ball. i have been hunting for a "large cauldron" for ages and most are 18cm so not what i want. it didnt occur to me to make one (even though i like to make most of my props). amyway after seeing your tutorial i went to ebay in hunt for a tub like you used and i came across thisese tubs (see below) they are both top is 50cm across and the base is 45cm but 2nd isnt as tall, 1st is £11.90 and free postage 2nd is 13.99 and free postage, . both are 90% done for me, so with a few modifications i can make them look more authentic. thanks for tutorial and idea.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts