Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
thanks for the painting the torches black, good ideal think i will do that.
:) and hopefully will get to the guillotine this weekend and post pics or a video. sorry for the delay but so much sh** going on.

·
Registered
629 Posts
You know it's absolutely amazing how much information is out there on the web check this link out:

Skull Torches

I've been trying to find that link since I first saw this thread posted, I couldn't believe how simular the projects are in nature. I guess all haunters are trying to go in the same direction:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
wow that is similar i guess evil minds think alike. will try the hanging stuff idea. thanks for the link always looking to improve.

·
Registered
629 Posts
No problem, I Am the Man of 100001 links, it just takes a few days to figure out where I saw something and figure out which link I need :D
I thought you might like the hanging stuff too. I know I saw one other link with an idea like this too, but I just can't find it right now. So much to do so little time left:eek:
HH

·
Registered
51 Posts
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any foam skulls...or hollow plastic ones...the only ones I could find were plastic with battery packs inside with lights and such...a lot of work and not a lot of time...so I found some creepy pumpkin masks and put them on instead...they actually look really good and I think the glow from the torches with the orange masks will look pretty cool.

*fingers crossed*

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
i'm glad i was able to contribute to the group. unfortunately i wasn't able to get pics of guillotine in time...ran out of time like every year. but will put up up pics for anyone that wants one for next year. not too hard to build and not to expensive.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think I need to dress up 6 tiki torches just sitting in my backyard being boring. This is a clever and effective conversion. Well done!

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is such a great idea. Its simple and not expensive but really makes an impact on the look of the haunt. I bought a couple scary pumpkin torches last year and have been trying to figure out where to find or how to make some more along those lines. This is perfect, just what I was looking for. I have already bought 4 torches from Fry's for $4 each and will be hitting up Wal-Mart for the skulls when they hit the stores. The torches I bought are black so I think they will really look great with the skulls.
Thanks for the how to and your guillotine is great, you must do a how to for that as well. audible

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey did you happen to get those black torches at Fry's? I just bought 4 just like that. I think the black works great with the skulls. Looks nice. Going to make mine when Wally world gets there skulls in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey did you happen to get those black torches at Fry's? I just bought 4 just like that. I think the black works great with the skulls. Looks nice. Going to make mine when Wally world gets there skulls in.
Nope, I bought the torches from garden ridge and spray painted them black, and the skulls are from michaels.

21 - 40 of 108 Posts