Halloween Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,915 Posts
Looks awesome, but - and maybe I'm just overly cautious - I worry that a gust of wind might cause the flame to blow down and lick the foam skulls, or the metal guard could heat up and cause melting if skull if care was not taken to be sure it's far enough down. It wouldn't take much for that styrofoam to catch and turn a tiki torch into a big ole scary torch of destruction. I'm a worrywart sometimes.

TNBrad, I really like yours being that they are the cast ones and not very flammable.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
no not very flammable. I used the flame to soften the tops so I could chip off as much as I needed to fit around the can for the torch.
but they are not cheep ; -(

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,915 Posts
no not very flammable. I used the flame to soften the tops so I could chip off as much as I needed to fit around the can for the torch.
but they are not cheep ; -(
I wasn't meaning yours as much as the ones made from foam. Yours look to be made from resin or something more solid that would not go up as easily or as quickly as foam would. Open flame around fake webbing, foam, corn stalks, and costumes just makes me nervous. All it would take would be a burning foam or plastic skull dripping flaming goo as it melts to start a disaster. I know, a bit paranoid, but I'd hate for someone to get caught up in the excitement of making a new prop and have something bad happen. Just sayin' - be careful!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I made something very similar to this but I put the skull on the post of the tiki torch. I live in Texas and there is a constant fear of things catching fire. I cut a hole in the foam skull slid it up the post and filled it with TONS of red hot glue so it kind of looks like a bloody skull. I can post pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested in seeing my finished product.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts