Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i'd put this up. i was wondering what i could do with my tiki torches that i use during my haunts to make them fit in more with the theme so i came up with this easy and fast project. hope someone finds it usefull. first start off with the four dollar skull from walmart.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
second get a glass or something round close to the size of the top of the tiki torch. and mark the top of the skull.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this just a view of the pencil mark. sorry forgot i had a dentist appointment. anyway try to avoid making your mark to close to the front.or to the back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
next i got out my hacksaw blade and stuck it thru..try to keep blade angled toward the center so as to not cut where you don't want to.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
next step is to get the tiki torch and place it in the hole and start to slowly twist back and forth to get the torch to start cutting the groove. go slowly so as to not break the skull.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as you can see from this pic the top of the tiki will start to make the opening the correct size , the top acts like a mini saw because of the teeth of the torch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
once you get all the way thru

then slowly take the skull out and place right side up in the hole and you got a skull tiki torch i think it adds a little more effect that way. but thats just me. hope you enjoy.

sorry about picture coming out sideways but couldn' figure out how to rotate it. but you can see the finished project.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
final pics of skull lit

i finally got around to getting night pics think they look allright. first are with the flash on just you can get the full look.

and here are what tots will see decided to put one in front of the guillotine i just finished today will finish the neck that will shoot out blood this weekend but will post a new thread for that.

thanks for looking at my project and comments are always welcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You should mass market these things for Halloween next year - do a frankenstein a witch , mummy , etc... you can purchase the tiki torches off season , aswell as the halloween faces and make a bundle ! just an idea

1 - 20 of 108 Posts