Halloween Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Oh man, I love this! I'm just now seeing it. Big Lots had some small little snoopy characters dressed up that I loved this year , wish they had more like this, in large size. There is no way I could draw these like you did, they are fantastic !!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
We're doing the full Great Pumpkin theme for our party this year. For a few years after 9/11 I put up this display, but this year I'm expanding it with Peanuts ToTers (like you made) as well as other elements - Snoopy on his Sopwith Camel/doghouse, expanded pumpkin patch, "Welcome Great Pumpkin" signs, etc. I was also thinking of putting Peanuts-themed gravestones in our cemetery - with epitaphs like "Snoopy - shot down by the Red Baron"...or is that a little too morbid?
PeanutsDay.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
ChrisW, that 's awesome! I love it all, you did an excellent job! The colors, detail, scale, it all looks great. Can't wait to see what you add in the future.

I'd also agree, nix the tombstone idea. And I love tombstones, but burying the Charlie Brown family might put you on the front page of your local newspaper for all the wrong reasons lol

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Thanks MiniC. You may be right about the tombstones... Heh!
Plus there are enough other things to keep me occupied.

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,095 Posts
We're doing the full Great Pumpkin theme for our party this year. For a few years after 9/11 I put up this display, but this year I'm expanding it with Peanuts ToTers (like you made) as well as other elements - Snoopy on his Sopwith Camel/doghouse, expanded pumpkin patch, "Welcome Great Pumpkin" signs, etc. I was also thinking of putting Peanuts-themed gravestones in our cemetery - with epitaphs like "Snoopy - shot down by the Red Baron"...or is that a little too morbid?
View attachment 254524
The red baron battle with snoopy was the best part of the whole episode in my opinion! I want to see pictures.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Sneakykid - i used 2x4 wooden stakes as high as the cutouts hammered into the ground, then reinforced them with another 2x4 - we get some strong winds on our hill. But this year I think I'll use rebar and "U" shaped pipe brackets. I use rebar for our pall bearing skellys and it goes up quick.

Cloak-Dagger, I'll probably be repurposing an airblown Christmas Snoopy on his doghouse that we've been putting up for years. Maybe add the soundtrack, some cut out clouds and a blue fire and ice...Are there blue fire and ice lights?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sneakykid - i used 2x4 wooden stakes as high as the cutouts hammered into the ground, then reinforced them with another 2x4 - we get some strong winds on our hill. But this year I think I'll use rebar and "U" shaped pipe brackets. I use rebar for our pall bearing skellys and it goes up quick.

Cloak-Dagger, I'll probably be repurposing an airblown Christmas Snoopy on his doghouse that we've been putting up for years. Maybe add the soundtrack, some cut out clouds and a blue fire and ice...Are there blue fire and ice lights?
Awesome Great Pumpkin display, and yeah, there are blue fire and ice lights. I saw them at Lowe's last year (and HD too, I think).

http://www.lowes.com/pd_585907-80668-88619_0__?productId=50264135

·
Registered
81 Posts
Awesome!!! I'd give my right arm to have that in my front yard. I love the Great Pumpkin!
Make your own version.
My thing this year is the Great Pumpkin , but in my scenario the Great Pumpkin and his wife actually arrive so Sally and Linus are no longer humiliated.

I want to send out positive messages in a veey scary time for the very young.
I made my my Linus and Sally together in pumpkin patch & the rest of the gang trick or treating tombstone style. Snoopy is 3D paper mache. And the Great Pumpkin and his wife are made of spray foam over 2 different size, but large PT balls.
I also made a bunch of normal size pumpkins either paper mache or spray foam.
My hosta garden will become my pumpkin patch.
The rest if yard will be my cemetery, with three witches on the deck and Frankenstein's monster, a ghost, a wizard and 3 zombie cowboys ( the younger brothers were part of the Jesse James gang and captured just outside of my town. I had to sneak a little history into my display)

·
Registered
363 Posts
it's great, I too have wanted to make these chartiers for the past few years to put infront of my cemetery but using sheets and putting the faces on them
just get to busy with other things good grief it comes up fast. did Christmas a few years ago using that plywood now I have to redo it. it doesn't hold up to
moister at all

IMG_0788.JPG
IMG_0788.JPG

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi All,

Here is this year's "haunt", if you would even call it that... Everything was created with 1/4" plywood and acrylic paints. I first sketched the images on wood, then cut the outlines with a jig saw and mixed paint to match the colors as closely as I could. I used a matte finish spray to protect from the elements. I hope you enjoy!

View attachment 222109
View attachment 222110
View attachment 222111
View attachment 222112
View attachment 222113
View attachment 222114
View attachment 222115
View attachment 222116
View attachment 222117
View attachment 222118
View attachment 222119
View attachment 222120