Halloween Forum banner

261 - 280 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Does anyone that has the bird bath know how it will stand up to wind? Is there a way to anchor it? It gets windy here certain times of the year. At eighteen pounds, even with water in it, I’m afraid it will blow away, or topple over, when the weather gets bad and the wind blows hard. Any thoughts on this?
@dbruner
Gave the bird bath a great review

Attachments

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
Well I still have not received an email and suspect I won't, but I checked my account just now and my dragon book has shipped. Got a UPS tracking number for it. Sent UPS SurePost. Hate it going through the post office but guess when it's free shipping that's how they ship. No tracking info yet. Really looking forward to seeing this thing in person. Good luck everyone with your shipments.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ugh, their website is so obnoxious. I'm trying to buy a couple things that are 20% off, but it keeps auto filling a promo code for free shipping instead (because one simply canNOT have both). Does anyone know how to get it to delete a promo code for good? It just keeps populating the free shipping over and over even though I keep cancelling it. I've tried different browsers, deleting cookies, logging out and in, nothing works. It's really trying to ram that free shipping down my throat, but in this instance I think the 20% off is better. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
Ugh, their website is so obnoxious. I'm trying to buy a couple things that are 20% off, but it keeps auto filling a promo code for free shipping instead (because one simply canNOT have both). Does anyone know how to get it to delete a promo code for good? It just keeps populating the free shipping over and over even though I keep cancelling it. I've tried different browsers, deleting cookies, logging out and in, nothing works. It's really trying to ram that free shipping down my throat, but in this instance I think the 20% off is better. Any ideas?
Would that be a cookie problem? I think that's how that info is stored. I'm not a computer person but on a Mac that would be in your Safari Browser under Preferences, Privacy, Manage Website Data and then I think look for Grandinroad to select (mine says "grandinroad.com Cache, Cookies, and Local Storage) and then Remove. I believe that way when you access the website again it would reload fresh without that or any info you might have previously had saved to the site.

So are you not seeing the 20% off sale price listed on all individual halloween items and that's not being carried over to the cart? I would think as this is a sitewide sale on Halloween Haven you could still use a promo code for shipping on top of that as no code is required for the 20% off at the moment.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Unfortunately, I do see the discount but when I add the item to the cart, it goes back to full price because of the shipping code that just won't quit. I might have to call this one in. I have other issues as well, including a gift card that's almost 2yrs old and I've never been able to get it to work. Thank you for your suggestion on the cookies...I did try, but to no avail.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
GR shipped the bird bath via UPS from Pennsylvania & will arrive here in Virginia tomorrow. I'm kinda shocked at how fast it will be delivered

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Sometimes very nice things are worth the money & the bird bath is one of them.
We knew it would be a bit shorter then a regular BB so we put 2 cinder blocks & a flat stone underneath for more height. Honestly tho, I wouldn't have it sitting directly on the ground.
I might fill it with pumpkins

Attachments

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
My birdbath came yesterday. It was broken. They arranged for pickup. I guess I'll just get a refund.

261 - 280 of 300 Posts