Halloween Forum banner

241 - 260 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
I did get an order confirmation email. My order says “in process” with a delivery date pf 9-18 to 9-24.
Same time frame as mine, although I ordered the dragon book. Must be their normal shipping schedule. Being west coast I'm probably going to be at the end of that timeframe. After seeing some videos of the book I am excited by the prospect of having it for my display along with my dragons so really delighted to have ordered with the promo code. Thanks again Kdestra. 🥰

·
Registered
453 Posts
Still no confirmation email from grandin road. I didn't sign in when I ordered it bc I can't remember my account info. I checked my credit card and the charge shows up as processing. So hopefully theres no issue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the code! For those of you wondering about it's one-time use (GR349631), is just a generic code because my Honey plug-in found the same code. Your orders should process just fine ;)

For those who made purchases in the last 30 days, GR has a price guarantee and will refund the difference. I actually pulled the trigger on the bird bath last weekend, and was able to contact them via the chat feature to have the 20% applied to my previous Halloween Haven order.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got the catalog too. It may be a one time only code but you guys can try mine: GR349628

I just ordered the copper dragon scale and marble pumpkins, so it might not work twice.

You'll probably get a catalog as well though, if you're on their mailing list.

Thanks. My 2 owls, groundbreaker Harry and two barstools are now on the way (WITH a 20% discount and free shipping). Those pumpkins are absolutely to die for btw! Please do a pic after you receive them so I can see if they are just as gorgeous in real life!!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks to the coupon code I caved and got the bird bath. I did NEED a bird bath for the front yard anyways. So it's not insane, and the crow/raven looks pretty awesome. I am excited, and BF is happy because he wants to spend inordinate sums on an underwater video camera for a saltwater tank we get in 2 days - everybody wins :)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Thanks to the coupon code I caved and got the bird bath. I did NEED a bird bath for the front yard anyways. So it's not insane, and the crow/raven looks pretty awesome. I am excited, and BF is happy because he wants to spend inordinate sums on an underwater video camera for a saltwater tank we get in 2 days - everybody wins :)
Yay!! I'm really glad I could help. By any chance are you worried about theft? I've never had anything stolen but the bird bath looks awesome & I'm sure people will be tempted

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've always admired the "lady" tombstones from GR, and with the 20% off and free ship code (super rare to have both), I'm interested in grabbing at least one of them. They always seem to never be included in the 40% off sales (or disappear from the site) after November 1st. Any time to get them cheaper than with 20% AND free shipping?

Looking at the current prices, are these higher than usual? Lady Tombstones | Grandin Road

I've seen pictures of these around the forum, but also wondering if people had opinions on which looks most impressive in person? I know the winged lady is a bit small, but unique. I'm leaning towards "My beloved" because you can see all parts of it from the front. "Eternal Rest" is the most detailed and impressive to me, with the full body in the back, but I'm wondering if anyone really ever gets to see that for the most part if they're viewing from the street head on.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yay!! I'm really glad I could help. By any chance are you worried about theft? I've never had anything stolen but the bird bath looks awesome & I'm sure people will be tempted
I don't worry too much because we have security cameras mounted conspicuously on the mailbox (pointing at the house) and over the doors (pointing at the street/yard). We haven't had much theft in the area, outside of people breaking into unlocked cars & stealing stuff left in the cars. But ... we do make the cameras 'anything but hidden' when everything goes out for Halloween. They write to the cloud so even if they steal the camera they are still on tape. Eufy cam is the one we have now, love them.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I don't worry too much because we have security cameras mounted conspicuously on the mailbox (pointing at the house) and over the doors (pointing at the street/yard). We haven't had much theft in the area, outside of people breaking into unlocked cars & stealing stuff left in the cars. But ... we do make the cameras 'anything but hidden' when everything goes out for Halloween. They write to the cloud so even if they steal the camera they are still on tape. Eufy cam is the one we have now, love them.
We installed Arlo security cameras. They are solar powered & use house wifi but I worry anyway.

·
Registered
179 Posts
NEW DISCOUNT ... today I got a GR email for 30% off one item, today only, INCLUDING HALLOWEEN HAVEN items.

Just so you know.... the 20% off your whole order with FREE shipping is still the better deal. (Code: GR349631 ) And the code is still valid... at least it was when I tried it just now.

But do the math both ways just to be sure to see what works best for you.

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
Yes, I learned that increased percentage off doesn't always work to your advantage to wait. I kind of think they have it planned that regardless of the discount (until a clearance or one of those flash sales that are so hit-or-miss -- and not sure they are still doing those) they will get at least $X from you. My dragon book (which gets shipped to the west coast) ran me $112.49 total (includes tax) on the 20% and Free ship deal. Had I waited until today's 30% on one item and no shipping discount my total would have been $116.96. Not a huge difference in this case but depending on what you wanted to order (especially multiple items) and shipping costs it could amount to a nice chunk of change. So I see these 20% off order plus free shipping offers a very good time to buy.

Still no email here BTW, even checked spam folder. I think whatever my husband did when he cancelled catalogs with them is preventing me from gettng their emails, catelogs etc...or maybe it's my email program but it's frustrating no less. You guys might remember my trying to get this resolved a few years back. I seem to be the only one though. My account with them shows processing so will just keep checking back. Did notice they pushed back my estimated delivery window until next week 21st - 25th.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
The shipping on big items can get pricey, tho. On the birdbath, the price with 20% off and free shipping = the price with 30% off and you pay for shipping (shipping is $24, reasonable based on the size of the thing). So for anyone else who bought big stuff and thinks "I shoulda waited!" maybe not so much :)
Still glad we ordered it because it appears to be in high demand.
Heck, several people on the forum specifically said they wanted it & a few friends in real life are ordering it too. No confirmation email yet but website states it might be shipped 8/19 - 8/21

·
Registered
41 Posts
Still glad we ordered it because it appears to be in high demand.
Heck, several people on the forum specifically said they wanted it & a few friends in real life are ordering it too. No confirmation email yet but website states it might be shipped 8/19 - 8/21
Does anyone that has the bird bath know how it will stand up to wind? Is there a way to anchor it? It gets windy here certain times of the year. At eighteen pounds, even with water in it, I’m afraid it will blow away, or topple over, when the weather gets bad and the wind blows hard. Any thoughts on this?

241 - 260 of 299 Posts