Halloween Forum banner

Grandin Road 2020

36K views 361 replies 54 participants last post by  Caroluna 
#1 ·
#7 ·
The raven serving bowl would be a fantastic Crystal Ball base

#25 ·
I can't find the exact review on Grandin Road, but someone who had purchased it does say that she didn't think it was because the wreath didn't have any KC markings like the gold brand label that is usually found on their pieces, or a Katherine's Collection tag. So far this year it seems like they are going with just saying "a Grandin Road exclusive" instead of naming any company.

#27 ·
You’re right, there is no gold KC tag on it! But I wonder if they put them on it when it’s an item made exclusively for someone? I have a few KC pieces that do not have that signature tag. I’m trying to think offhand of what I have and the only item that comes to mind is the jeweled rat, although I don’t think that was a grandinroad exclusive. But I always thought that witch moon wreath as well as the Santa face wreath that came out like 2 years ago was by KC. Maybe I just assumed because of the price? That’s always a possibility! LOL

#32 ·
You know, I’m fully invested in my witches. I love my Grandin Road three cauldron witches so much. They were my first more expensive Halloween prop and we just adore them.

Here comes the but... the dragon stuff is just so cool to me. I really like this prop.

I just keep thinking of the large aninmated dragon with a nest, some of those smaller dragon props and skeleton princesses and princes who just didn’t make it. Not getting rid of what I have but seriously love that idea.

Also, when on their site I got the following pop up:

Can someone please hold my Visa when that vulture is available? Ha!

#39 ·
#43 ·
I like lifesized chilling Chantal...every year I add one of these figures and people seem to love them in our haunt. I'm a little bummed they don't have the hanging lit witch hats, I wanted another set of those. Maybe I'll get a couple sets of the lighted broomstick pathway lights!!!!!

Whoops they do have them, they are black instead of orange which could be a cool variation. ;)

#44 · (Edited)
OK why did I decide to click on this thread? 😳 Like Meadow do not need anything for my next upcoming planned haunt theme. I haven't found much from GR over the past few years lifesize prop-wise that had me buying (more like smaller items like the haunted typewriter, spirit board...oh there was Madame Zaltana she kind of counts as a life-size I guess) so figured it was a downward trend and I wouldn't find anything that appealed this year. Best year for me was the whole cast of lifesize male and mostly female props. So now I see Chantal. Really, this is going to be hard to resist! At least with covid I haven't gone out of the house for the most part since early March and eating home alot so guess been saving money because of it. sigh....off to see what's listed on their site now.

BTW a few years ago the July 4th timeframe was when they did their initial push of new halloween haven items. Just a small subset and things generally not for delivery until sometime in July or later. But I thought they did have a discount offered for early birds and I remember ordering during this time a few years in a row. Wonder if the same will happen this year. Slowly things came out after that and it was a while before there were any really discount/sales, more like September/October. Don't think I followed the GR thread last year at all, but has it been different in the last year or two? Saw people mentioning coupons which when I was buying from GR don't ever remember.

Oh crap just saw the video for the Dragon Eye book. Was thinking well I already have a spell book with an eye on it. Then I saw how the animated eyelid went up and down.....😍

That dragon tail is nicely detailed. Isn't this a take off from an octopus tail from a little while ago?

Just watched the video of the Animated Forest Witch. Wow she is really nice. Sayings sound okay and really beaufully clothed too. She reminds me of Zaltana's face or maybe the flying witches face I have. Probably the same mold.

Well I have the animated Winter Dragon from a few years back (Shindigz' great deal), the mask for GOT's Winter King to create a prop from it and have it sitting on my HD skeleton horse, a couple of witch masks for prop building and two of the broom riding witches from a year ago maybe (another great deal someone on HF had posted about), but crap I have to use some restraint here. I haven't been good at all about getting rid of some of the props I have so really space is the biggest issue, not lack for finding things this year from GR that I like 😉. There have been years where I thought the offerings were kind of ho hum but this year looks pretty darn good to me.

So where did this little peek into this thread leave me...Chantal (who could work well in a dragon GOT-type setting...winter has come!...and the dragon eye book will be definite purchases. When GR does a prop like the book they do a really beautiful, high-quality piece, at least I've been amazed by my haunted typewriter and animated spirit board and feel this to be the same. I see Chantal and the dragon eye book are excluded from some promotions. Probably won't change for some time.

#45 ·
Don't laugh but I guess I haven't been paying attention to sales tax and shipping in the past. Have to say I was shocked to put Chantal and the dragon book in my cart and see that shipping would be 25.80 and est sales tax 25.54. Over $50 extra on top of $258, both items reg. $129. Yikes. Really would like to get free shipping on that order at least. If Halloween Haven items don't qualify for promos, can you still use a free shipping code if they put one up?

#47 ·
Yes, when to pull the trigger, the big question. I'm sure GR orders were placed a number of months ago with their manufacturer/distributor but have to wonder with covid and what it could mean to halloween this year if they reduced the number of shipments for this season. In the past there have been props that sold out and either took a long time to come back to the site or simply didn't.

#48 ·
They had a sale about a month or so ago, maybe longer......well before any hints about talking or even thinking about Halloween, and the sale excluded Halloween Haven. I was a bit surprised. In the years past I’ve always been able to order a couple of random Halloween items early in the year, even though it took 2 months to ship, but I was fine with that because at least I got it on sale and had free shipping.

I think it’s a no-brainer what’s going to happen this season. Halloween Haven will be excluded from all sales until they’re good and ready to start putting Halloween on sale, which will probably be in September. Yes, last year we were all riled up about it and I’m sure this year will be no different!

#51 ·
How is the quality of their animatronics (and static stuff), I’m not familiar with their stores.

They seem to be an east coast thing but they do offer free shipping at times, so if it’s better quality than some of the Spirit or Amazon stuff I’d be willing to spring for some of their stuff.

Are the tombstones styrofoam or poly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#53 ·
How is the quality of their animatronics (and static stuff), I’m not familiar with their stores.

They seem to be an east coast thing but they do offer free shipping at times, so if it’s better quality than some of the Spirit or Amazon stuff I’d be willing to spring for some of their stuff.

Are the tombstones styrofoam or poly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GR has very good quality ~ I've never been disappointed. My neighbor owns the tombstones they are beautifully made of polystone. They appear larger then life online but are a tad smaller then you'd expect.

I bought the witch legs several years ago & they still look brand new. Last year I bought the Crescent Moon. It's way bigger then what I thought it would be. I love it so much it stays out all year

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.