Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zulily.com has Halloween items today. If you have never ordered from them, be aware that there are NO RETURNS unless you receive a defective item. They are a flash sale site so items are usually on just a couple of days and often sell out. Also, sometimes items are shipped quickly and sometimes it seems to take forever. I just wanted to give a heads up since there may be items that you have seen and would feel comfortable ordering with the knowledge that its yours even if you don't like it when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Wow, there is really a lot of Halloween stuff on Zulily right now! Thanks for the head's up about it!

If you go to zulily.com, scroll down to the section called "HOME" - that's where you'll see different categories for the Halloween stuff. You will see Halloween clothing in the "GIRLS" or "BOYS" section, and even some toys & bags there, but most of the decorations are listed under "HOME".

I've ordered from zulily before - mostly clothes for my kids. They're pretty good about stuff, but it's close-outs so no returns. Sometimes items will stay at the warehouse until your FULL order comes in, then it ships to you. Other times they'll just ship pieces one by one - depends on where/how they get the merchandise, I guess. I've never been unhappy with my order, so there's that. :D

There were a lot of mugs, tumblers, cool wall art pieces, indoor décor items, personalized stuff - wouldn't it be nice to be swimming in money so we could get it all?!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,971 Posts
GAH!!! I WANT ALL THE STUFFZ!!

Sounds a bit like Woot! No returns, I think you literally get 5 minutes to cancel an order then you're stuck, some stuff is reconditioned & any warranties you'd get would be through the manufacturer not the site.

If you like witches you should definitely check out the site. Or maybe you shouldn't if you don't wanna spend a buttload of money!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Caroluna- Sweet, never thought to shop them before, now I just scored some great stuff, thanks so much for the heads up.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,971 Posts
I just ordered:

This little banner

Flamingoes

LED Pumpkins

Frankie head

Crinkle Witch

Double skull pumpkin

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow, they have tons of stuff! I have a question about ordering from this site. A friend told me that if you order on Friday, you can order additional items through the weekend without paying additional shipping. Does anyone know if this is correct?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, they have tons of stuff! I have a question about ordering from this site. A friend told me that if you order on Friday, you can order additional items through the weekend without paying additional shipping. Does anyone know if this is correct?
When I put my order in, it did say I qualified for free shipping on my next order through the weekend, hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
True! I haven't done it, but I got the notification that I could. I ordered 4 smallish items and the shipping was around $7, so it appears they don't over-charge on the first order.

Thanks, Caroluna. I've ordered from Zulily once or twice before, but wouldn't have thought to seek them out for Halloween stuff if you hadn't mentioned them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
When I put my order in, it did say I qualified for free shipping on my next order through the weekend, hope this helps.
True! I haven't done it, but I got the notification that I could. I ordered 4 smallish items and the shipping was around $7, so it appears they don't over-charge on the first order.

That's awesome! Gives me a bit more time to look around for additional stuff. Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just saw a banner onsite offering free shipping when you choose "VISA Checkout" as a payment method. This may help some. Offer has some exclusions. Not valid through mobile app. Valid through August 17, 2015 or while supplies last.

Free Shipping With Visa Checkout Details

Visa Checkout is the easier way to pay online that lets you speed through checkout with a single log-in, store and use any major credit or debit card and earn the same great rewards with the card you already use. Use Visa Checkout to pay for your zulily purchase and get free shipping on your order.

The shipping charge for qualifying orders will appear during checkout as $0.00.

Offer is valid when order is placed online through zulily.com or through the mobile website. Not valid for orders placed through the mobile app

Non-standard shipping options for items that are ready to ship (including "fast," "faster" and "fastest") do not activate free shipping, and free shipping cannot be used to pay for these options

Offer is not valid for orders containing items that are heavy or bulky (strollers, furniture, rugs, etc.), and the customer is responsible for all shipping charges on those items

Offer is valid in the United States (including Alaska, Hawaii and APO/FPO/DPO addresses). For shipments to Alaska and Hawaii, the customer may be responsible for additional shipping fees

·
Registered
350 Posts
They have lots of stuff but it looks like all the same stuff I would leave on a shelf if I saw it in a store... I'm also not a big fan of websites that make me sign up just to browse. Maybe they will get some things in that are more my taste as the holiday approaches.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,971 Posts
Yeah I wasn't fond of that either but this stuff may only be available until Monday so if there is something that grabs your eye you may want to get it.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
...I'm also not a big fan of websites that make me sign up just to browse.
What kind of pathetic BS is that? I was curious what they had, too, though I instead opted to say something that I probably should not repeat here and turn tail once I learned that there is no way to simply browse without giving them an e-mail address:rolleyes:

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,971 Posts
At least they don't ask for any other info outside of your email to browse, but I think that's kinda lame too. You could always use a fake email, I know lots of people have more than one email for things like this, but then if you wanna buy you'll have to put in a real one.

Even Woot! will let you browse without joining & you can use your Amazon account to log in there.

·
Registered
710 Posts
*subtle cough*

I order from zulily from time to time. One thing to note: they will take for-redacted-ever to get your stuff to you. I'm talking weeks. Forget you placed an order it takes that long. Sometimes, if the thing ships direct from the manufacturer, you don't even get a shipping notice.

They do occasionally have some nice plants. I just ordered some orange and black Halloween lilies, sadly no longer available.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts