Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I want to create several life-size zombies using my 5'x10' CNC router table. I am looking for patterns I can use. Yes, I CAN draw my own, but time is in short supply these days. Is there a source for good zombie silhouettes that I can cut out of a board material like PVC board or some other 4x8 panels of some type?

I have been working so hard to get a new retail store up and running, and I am a one-man show. So I wish I was 20 instead of 60! I'd have a lot more ENERGY!

Joe

A Guy In Town

Typical Ghoul Next Door
I found one here: https://makezine.com/2011/10/05/haunted_house_with_silhouettes/

I did a search on Pinterest for "Zombie Silhouette" and it came up with tons if ideas. But most of the other variations I see are going to be a bit of $ to get the files.

You could risk downloading some of the free ones out there (I'm not posting any links as there were lots to choose from and I have no idea of the safety of the downloads).

In all cases, you'll need a projector to scale up in size to trace out on your plywood. I've seen folks use the super old overhead projectors too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking to make them as products for sale, so I cannot just grab zombie images off of the Net without violating copyrights. I can draw them, but time is in short supply. Scaling them up is no problem, and cutting them out of plywood or another panel material is easy. I just need to clone myself so I can get more stuff done!

BTW, those "free" zombie silhouettes are NOT FREE.

https://www.vecteezy.com/signups/join_premium

Typical Ghoul Next Door
It wasn't clear in your initial posting that you specifically wanted to make these items to sell, just figured you were wanting zombies for your own upcoming display and you also happened to be launching your own business I assumed was unrelated to this - explaining why you were too busy to do your own Halloween designs. If you want to sell and are doing a Halloween-related business, then maybe slow down a bit so you can design your own stuff on an as needed basis. Or pay for designs. Seems like it really will come down to one or the other.

Registered
Ah I see. Hmm that'll be a bit more tricky then. What about taking pics of folks doing zombie poses against a screen with a camera, then cut it out with an image editor and fill it with black to make a silhouette? Bit more work but could be more fun also.

P.S Those "free" zombie silhouettes are free as long as not violating anything when using them. You just click free download and then standard license and it downloads it no hassles without needing to sign up or subscribe to anything. Some images are premium on that site yes but the free ones you can download with a click of 2 buttons.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I played with some images. Oddly, the 70's "Disco" silhouettes make great zombies! Just tatter the clothing a bit, mess up the hair, tilt the head 20 or 30 degrees or so, and Viola! Instant Zombie!

Alas, it is January 2019, and I am struggling to regain the motivation. I just went through a period of lower back muscle spasms that were straightening out my lower spinal column. It caused more pain than I ever thought a human could endure. I was screaming for someone to "Please shoot me!", just to end the pain. I guess I am fortunate that my good neighbors called 9-1-1 instead. $11,000.00 of uninsured medical bills later, I am able to move around again, cautiously.

Now at age 60, I have to rethink my strategy. I tried to return to my shop but only an hour into "tinkering" with things sent me back to a bed for several hours, with a fist full of pain pills. STAY YOUNG! Old age SUCKS!

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts