Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you cool ghouls - Johnny Thunder here with news of a flick coming to us this October -

The film is a horror comedy about - can you guess from the title? - zombies! Yes, that's right, the undead are hilarious, especially with Woody Harrelson and Bill Murray along for the frightfully funny ride.

If this be your thang, check out the links for more details.........

Zombieland (2009)

Exclusive first set report: ZOMBIELAND

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Dang, this looks like a blast! Just in time for Hallowe'en, and our "theme", if you call it that, is...ZOMBIES!

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
Saw the movie last night and it is hands down the best comedy-horror I've ever seen. It might be the best film I've seen all year, though I did like Star Trek. Without giving anything away... the rules of Zombieland are destined for cult classic status. Two thumbs way way up!:D

·
The Cloven Bunny
2,965 Posts
I was supposed to go watch it today, but hubby has to work. So I have to wait till tomorrow. I have been looking forward to this movie more than any other movie I can think of in years. I was worried I might end up disappointed because I had too high of hopes. Glad to hear your positive review walkingcorpse. :D I can't wait till tomorrow!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Watched this today with my son.

Some thoughts:

1. Catch it on an a matinee - it's honestly not a bad movie but not worth full admission.

2. Re: movie "feel" ~ think "Army of Darkness" (1992) meets "Return of the Living Dead" (1984) though this movie is not near as substantive as either of those flicks.

3. Woody Harrelson could have toned back his character and made him much more likable though he still comes across as very sympathetic.

4. There are two "Ghostbuster" (1984) tie-ins that are pretty funny.

5. There are a couple of truly scary moments.

6. It ends on a very positive note.

7. No sex secenes and not a major amount of vulgar language.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts