Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is really bugging me! When is natonal Zombie day this year? I am looking for the zombie walk in nyc and can't get a answer anywhere. I keep finding the walk from 2008, BUT IT IS NOT 08. lol. Some one help me out with this!

Does anyone else do zombie walks in any other city? they r so much fun!

·
Registered
66 Posts
My city started doing a Zombie walk about two years ago. I've heard of certain places doing walks for charity, like food donations, and I really like that idea; but ours was just walk down a street and end up in a shitty little bar where they award the best dressed. I think the first year went alright, but last year it was nothing but a bunch of tweenagers who made little to no effort in their costumes and just screamed a lot, so I'm really glad I bailed on that...

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oo that sucks!!! i live in NYC so you can only take the widlest on what we do. lol. It is for the same causes hear also. It is a good thing, but people don't look at us like that on that day. lol

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW that is disapointing... most of the people are not even in zombie get up!! You should see what we do in NYC. Granted it is through the village so the freeks come out to play. You would think that their are really zombis walking the streets. It is so much fun! And since when do Zombies lean backward lol WE LEAN FORWARD! lol. I have to admit that they attacking the mini bus and cars are a good touch, we attacked a NYC MTA bus..... sooo funny the driver and people on borad did not know what to do.... the police on the walk route laughfed their buts off!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I want to go to/do one of those, that looks absolutely amazing! ...unfortunately, I can't find ANYTHING for Mississippi and the only stuff I could find was for memphis back in 07.... :(

EDIT: Nevermind... if you can't find one, do it yourself... I now have a group posted on facebook for one at my college with 50 people invited that I think would enjoy something like this.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know what i have never thought of that...... i know i can get people to join me, after all i do work at a hunted house. Thanks for that idea!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ooo this one is going to be good!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Lexington Kentucky does a "Thriller" Zombie walk every year & re-enact the whole song. For quite a few years the Michael Jackson character was played by Mikey who is not only a Michael Jackson impersonator but also the little brother of Kallie who is a member here on our board. He does a great job & them people look like they are having one good time!

YouTube - Michael Jackson's Thriller Lexington, Ky 10-29-06

·
Registered
946 Posts
I see a lot of things going on in these zombie walks but do you know what I don't see? Or rather hear? No one says "braaaaiiiiins!". The whole infected craze has blurred the meaning of the true meaning of zombie. I think I'm going to make a thread about this.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well, I guess if you want to go old school with it they probably should and I'm sure some do... but, I mean, with so many newer movies that don't even have that it's just not as prominent. (honestly, coming from a kid who grew up during the 90s I start laughing every time I see those movies, but that's probably just me)

2,442 Posts
I see a lot of things going on in these zombie walks but do you know what I don't see? Or rather hear? No one says "braaaaiiiiins!". The whole infected craze has blurred the meaning of the true meaning of zombie. I think I'm going to make a thread about this.

Rob, I freak the kids out doing my zombie, I shamble about slurring brains at them and they all scream and hide under my duvet, I fight with them to get the covers off then I pretend to eat their brains ..lol I've been doing it for years.. no wonder they're all zombie fans

1 - 13 of 13 Posts