Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just purchased my first animatronic, the Zombie Swing Girl. I haven't set her up yet but I'm already enamored with her <3. My plan was to hang her from the tree in our front yard with a cover over the motor for protection. I realized as I was taking her out of the box however, that she was far too heavy for the spindly little branches ...*sigh* :(

So I'm wondering if anyone had any suggestions on other was to display her? Please keep the following in mind: 1. I have a VERY small yard to work with and 2. I'm not a handy andy (meaning attempting to undertake anything that would involve lumber, saws, joyces, etc. will be a fail).

Thanks in advance, I'd really hate to have to return her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. The swing set idea was my first thought too but unfortunately none of the ones I looked at will fit in my yard (aka patch of grass that poses as a yard).

grlwalshy62500 your frame is great and would work perfectly. Any way you could make another and ship it to me for free??? j.k.;) Seriously though How difficult was it to put together and where did you get the pvc? Sorry if those are silly questions...I am new to this forum and the decorating game.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
you can get pvc pipe from any hard ware store such as home depot, menards, etc. It is pretty cheap also you will need pvc connectors they should be located by the pvc pipe. They also have a pvc pipe cutter that makes cutting the pvc pipe fast and easy. It looks like the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Super easy to make. I think I used 1" PVC and if I'm counting correct 8 'L' fittings and 8 'T' fittings. I just pounded everything together then spray painted it black and that held it together fine. If you wanted to make it super durable you could put some PVC glue or PVC cement in the fittings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.