Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum and looking for some help. I recently bought a Spirit Halloween prop second hand, it is the swinging zombie girl prop. This prop has apparently never worked and was wondering if anyone else has run into problems with this prop and if there is a fix for it. The prop doesn't work at all, no swinging, no glowing eyes, no sound, no nothing. Anyone have any suggestions? Would love to hear from ya, and keep in mind that I am very new at this and please dumb it down as much as you can. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahaha, if only it were so simple..Yes I believe I do, the adapter came with it. I suppose it would be smart to check but she said it was the adapter that she got from the spirit store when she bought it so I assuming its the right one.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ha! wouldn't be the first time they gave the wrong one. Also you might have to take it apart where the adapter gets plugged into her to make sure the wires are attached. If that's not it then I would suggest looking for any wires that are not connected.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Yeah, sometimes you just have to check the innards to see if wires have detached from their original soldering or connection, maybe bands have untracked

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Definitely make sure you have the proper adapter. Then as it's been suggested, look at the innards and see if any wires have broken. You'll find that the wires are soldered using the chinese technique- hot glue. This is why so many props run into problems. But check and make sure all wires are in place. Be real careful about taking things apart, cause you have to know how it goes back together. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Did it come in the original box? If so I think they are carrying her again this year maybe you could ask for an exchange. I wouldn't tell them the story of getting her second hand I would just say I got this girl and she doesn't work can I even exchange her. It couldn't hurt to try anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum and looking for some help. I recently bought a Spirit Halloween prop second hand, it is the swinging zombie girl prop. This prop has apparently never worked and was wondering if anyone else has run into problems with this prop and if there is a fix for it. The prop doesn't work at all, no swinging, no glowing eyes, no sound, no nothing. Anyone have any suggestions? Would love to hear from ya, and keep in mind that I am very new at this and please dumb it down as much as you can. Thanks so much!
I have the same prop, and the swing works, but the head will now only rotate to one side and then stays...I can "force" it back around but it sounds like gears are stripping past each other, and then it rotates to the side again, and becomes stuck looking to the side, versus rotating back and forth.

Help?

·
Registered
98 Posts
She has a split gear. There is no way to repair it without prior experience. You'd need to dissemble the head gearbox and insert a new gear, which I believe is a 10 tooth shaft gear if I am not mistaken. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow- Thanks for the quick reply...It broke last season, but thought I would get a jump on fixing it soon...My plan is to disassemble gently and investigate, do you have any information on replacement parts?

David

·
Registered
98 Posts
Being a handyman when it comes to anything robotic, I think I have exactly what you need. If you can private message me photos of the gearbox, I can send you the exact gear(s) to get her working again for a small fee. Thanks man!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts