Halloween Forum banner

zombie invite...please proof

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Haunty 
#1 ·
First, I need to say that most all of the poem is NOT my works. They have come from this forum and the web. I do not claim it as original. If it is any of ya'lls, then I thank you :) I wanted the poem on the invite to hint at what was in store for them, but not divulge too much. Just want to arouse their curiosity. Some of the poem doesn't flow well, if you can change it to make it better, please do so.

We live in a woods, have an annual outdoor movie, fire pit, etc. This year we are watching "The Crazies", having zombie apocalypse decor, and thanks to someone on this forum for the idea, I am recruiting actors to scare the kids. I am trying not to tell my teenage daughters anything, so I can keep it all a secret. It's senior year for one of them and it needs to be epic :D I don't even want to divulge the name of the movie so it's all a surprise. We usually have around 100 kids to attend.

I have a ton of "regular" halloween decor, but still up for ideas for this theme. I figure there should be a lot of "junk" available to make an apocalyptic scene. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

See less See more
#2 ·
Think it looks & sounds great!
Is the Nov. 6th day for the party correct? Just wondering... because wouldn't it be more of an after Halloween party, if the date is right? Could add come dressed as your favorite: zombie, victim, zombie hunter, or hazmat crew, to get them more involved.

As far as decorating for the zombie apocalypse:
do some dumpster diving for stuff, curbside surfing on trash days, check out thrift stores- tough looking or beat up dollies, etc. Look around your garage for things to use. Use some old clothes & make partial or full bodies. A chicken wire mesh will hold a body shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.