Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
It's all good! Hey did the body forms work out for you from your thread:Prop body forms?
I am still wanting to get something to give my zombies a fuller chest. Wondering if those plastic forms would be large enough? Zombies are almost 7' tall but with long legs so probably be good...? Haven't done the chicken wire. Was thinking of attaching a plastic waste basket or something but always looking for a better idea.
That is the best part of these Forums.... we all learn stuff and get ideas....

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's all good! Hey did the body forms work out for you from your thread:Prop body forms?
I am still wanting to get something to give my zombies a fuller chest. Wondering if those plastic forms would be large enough? Zombies are almost 7' tall but with long legs so probably be good...? Haven't done the chicken wire. Was thinking of attaching a plastic waste basket or something but always looking for a better idea.
I use those plastic forms and I like how they have a good transition from neck to shoulder (the trapezius is right). I also love the speed of building with them. But ... unless you find Big n Tall versions, you may need to add something to the torso to bulk it up. I use bubble wrap. One of my zombies has a trailer-trash theme (mullet, Budweiser t shirt, torn up camo pants) and he needed a beer gut to go with his beer bottle. So I added one.

If you add some pecs (folded bubble wrap) and a thin layer of bubblewrap over the torso, they get more imposing pretty quickly.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I did use them in some cases. It depends on the build though. You MUST cut them to get them to work properly and that can leave you with some awkward unnatural angles for the chest of your prop that show up through your shirt. They are better for vague forms with a robe or cape or something like that. You need to experiment with them as they will not work in all cases. I used the plastic chest form for my Nun static prop but went with trash bags and newspaper for the chest and back of my other props that move. If I think about it I'll grab some pix of how I attached them.

Scarab

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Childs Dementor hands/gloves on custom made hands with bendable fingers.
I can bend fingers at exactly the knuckles after gloves are fitted.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Those look great! I like your approach of building up the fingers to bulk up the wire without stressing about getting the knuckles on the bare hand to match the knuckles on the glove. If anyone could figure out reasonably priced way to make good looking posable hands they would own the home haunter market (which is probably not worth a whole lot ... which may explain why people aren't pitching this on Shark Tank).

·
Registered
7 Posts
This guy needs hands......anybody?
View attachment 730041
Take a look at cauldron creeps. The Scooby-Do character you posed is even called The Creeper, so maybe it's an homage to the cauldron creep's look. :)

View attachment 718378

Many cauldron creeps have a hunchback sort of look just because of the way they're made.

View attachment 718379

Their heads are actually set below their shoulders. Which means if you made your watchman to the same specs (just with wider and bulkier shoulders) you could have his head bobbing up and down with very little effort. :)

And if you make your own hands, you can have him holding onto a lantern without it looking weird that his fingers aren't bent. :)

41 - 60 of 62 Posts