Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Take a look at cauldron creeps. The Scooby-Do character you posed is even called The Creeper, so maybe it's an homage to the cauldron creep's look. :)

View attachment 718378

Many cauldron creeps have a hunchback sort of look just because of the way they're made.

View attachment 718379

Their heads are actually set below their shoulders. Which means if you made your watchman to the same specs (just with wider and bulkier shoulders) you could have his head bobbing up and down with very little effort. :)

And if you make your own hands, you can have him holding onto a lantern without it looking weird that his fingers aren't bent. :)
I am going to have my watchman turning from side to side from the waist up. So my frame work is very similar to Krusty's at least from about the waist up. But I could probably do a T fitting right under the X fitting where the shoulders and neck connect only I could just use a second T fitting instead of the X fitting. Thanks for the idea on how to keep the head up while still doing hunched shoulders. I will play around with some different fittings tomorrow and see what configuration will work.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
they are kind of pricey - not a great web site - they could do much better on pictures that show detail and size.
Especially for that pricing! The hands are not too bad $ - but the rest of the stuff is $$$$ - wow! out of my budget!

I was looking at Death studios before as they too have nice stuff......not cheap either...
Almost bought the witch head though......
Death studios site - hands

·
Registered
230 Posts
they are kind of pricey - not a great web site - they could do much better on pictures that show detail and size.
Especially for that pricing! The hands are not too bad $ - but the rest of the stuff is $$$$ - wow! out of my budget!

I was looking at Death studios before as they too have nice stuff......not cheap either...
Almost bought the witch head though......
Death studios site - hands
Super realistic though and high quality. You get what you pay for.

Scarab

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
I thank you for the link to them!
I don’t doubt they are making high quality stuff.... but if a person was going to order stuff there is not hardly any pictures or details about size etc.
I expect more from an online store than that! They need a new website designer or better marketing people.
Now maybe they have a following at trade shows etc and sell out every year so don’t care.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
I thank you for the link to them!
I don’t doubt they are making high quality stuff.... but if a person was going to order stuff there is not hardly any pictures or details about size etc.
I expect more from an online store than that! They need a new website designer or better marketing people.
Now maybe they have a following at trade shows etc and sell out every year so don’t care.....
I understand what you're saying, I didn't mean to sound short with my response.

I appreciate your link! I didn't know about Death Studios! I may buy this year's mask and gloves from them!

Thanks!

Scarab

21 - 40 of 62 Posts