Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first time using dryer lint clay. fun stuff! got the recipe from an old post from Black Cat. i used corn starch instead of flour though.
i also used this tutorial for the hot glue hand frames. used my own hands as reference.
the right hand is completely done (minus painting and weather proofing) and the other frame is done.
the lint clay is a blast to use. surprised how versatile it is! love it!

finished right hand frame and left hand cut to size:

both frames:

left frame:

right frame:

right hand top half done:

top finished:

what needs to be done on the underside:

underside done:

finished right hand after some minor tweaks here and there:

hope you enjoyed the progress shots. i'll update with the left hand most likely tomorrow night. then i have to wait 4 to 5 days for them to dry before i paint these things. sigh. lol.

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
awesome looking hands! you did a great job on those!can't wait to see them painted!
I have seen blackcats lintclay work, and know it is unreal what she does with dryerlintclay.!The problem is I have cats, I asked her about the clay once, and she said it is better without animal hair, but when I look at my lint(yes, I have really been doing that), the cat hair is on the edge, so thought I might see if I can seperate the regular lint from the hair, and give it a try, cheap enough! She also suggested to go to a laundrymat, and ask for their lint!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
These hands look great!

I would like to attempt this but I don't have access to enough dryer lint. What could I use as a substitute for the dryer lint in blackcats recipe?

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
These hands look great!

I would like to attempt this but I don't have access to enough dryer lint. What could I use as a substitute for the dryer lint in blackcats recipe?
Bellybutton fluff :D..maybe we could organise a whip round for you...??
;)

Or maybe cotton wool..I've used cotton wool/white glue mix before to quite good effect.

Great hands, Batfly..Thanks for the how-to and the link.:)
What is the purpose of the two screws on the wooden part...I'm guessing for fixing to the arm when complete...(?)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Oh yeah... I know what I'm doing tonight ... Honey? can I help with the launder tonight? Muhhahahahahahahaha

Thank you for sharing

·
Registered
147 Posts
Awesome looking hands! And i gotta try this recipe -- first hallows workshop scheduled for tomorrow, hope i can get enough lint by then

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Warrant2000: haha yeah i wear and wash a lot of denim jeans.

Baron Samedi: the screws are to attach it to the animated grave crawler arms.

everyone else, thanks for the comment. about to start the second hand

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just checked on the hands, the lint clay shrunk a bit. it actually is a good thing for zombie hands. just account for this if you do it. not sure if it's exclusive to using corn starch or not.

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Left hand sculpted

finished the left hand. i spent more time on the palm side than the last hand. my real hand made lines and wrinkles in this position so the zombie's needed them also. this batch was darker lint so the pics don't show as much shadow detail. just wait till they are painted! not sure what color to make him. grayish blue? pale green? rotten brown? what do you think? taking votes!

in case you want to follow, i'm updating my grave crawler thread with these on the frame drying.

it started as this

·
Registered
496 Posts
WOW! I've been away a little while...glad I came back with a couple of months left so I can start some of these.

Excellent job! THanks for sharing.

Dennis

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bellybutton fluff :D..maybe we could organise a whip round for you...??
;)

Or maybe cotton wool..I've used cotton wool/white glue mix before to quite good effect.

Great hands, Batfly..Thanks for the how-to and the link.:)
What is the purpose of the two screws on the wooden part...I'm guessing for fixing to the arm when complete...(?)
Hey Baron, I think I'll pass on the Bellybutton fluff lol!

Thanks for the suggestion on the cotton wool...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts