Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another use for a Shiatsu Massager...

This will go in our yard haunt this year in the "pallet" room. Along one wall, one of the pallets will have a missing slat. As a TOT walks by these hands will come out through the opening.

So far, I think I have about $30 invested in this prop. The "creepy Hands" came from FrightProps $7/pair, the Shiatsu was a $4 flea market find. The wood is a 2x4 stud ripped into a couple 2x2's. The 1/2" PVC electrical conduit , wire, hot glue stick and screws were left over from other projects.

I plan on using one of my PicoBoo prop controllers to run the Zombie Grabshaft. I still need to find a limit switch and mount it on the Shiatsu to be used for a "park" position. This will allow the hands to return back into the wall, out of sight until the next trigger event.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
Now that is awesome! Fantastic concept and another great haunter use for a shiatsu! Love it!

·
Registered
429 Posts
loved seeing this. I am going to do something similar with a series of hands at different heights through a gate. I may have to use a different power system as massagers are hard to come by in the UK, I was thinking of a fan as thats what I have to hand, just with wires to.move the hands. It wont be as jerky as yours but I am after a zombie hands continual waving rather than a grabbing action, but yours is very cool!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
That looks fantastic! You have it staged perfectly with the pallets, etc.. With the right lighting and a good sound track that'll scare the bejeezus out of people!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks fantastic! You have it staged perfectly with the pallets, etc.. With the right lighting and a good sound track that'll scare the bejeezus out of people!
Thank you all for the comments.
jdubbya - I did a light test this evening with the light source directly above and even without the burlap backing on the pallets, you can just barely see the mechanism.

·
Registered
284 Posts
LOVE IT!
But an open question, is it the 2 sets (of hands) that add to the scary/creepy factor?
I think, YES as you need to move further away quicker, but 3 sets might be too many, thus in my mind PERFECT!
Expect to see it in retail next season.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for your comments!

I found a switch that will work as a "park" switch and soldered up the cables that will run between the grabshaft and the controller.

Trex and DeadED - I shamelessly stole the idea from FrightProps "Hall of Decay"... this is a poorman's version ;)

Jerseyscare - I was going to have three sets of hands but chose to have only two because of the way they fit through the pallet.

offmymeds - I sure hope so... at least make them jump.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Trex and DeadED - I shamelessly stole the idea from FrightProps "Hall of Decay"... this is a poorman's version ;)
O.O Just looked it up I would say. Danggggggggg I would take the "poorman version" any day! Fantastic prop for pennies on the dollar. I would have never looked at that price range. You did and recreated it well. You OddTodd have inspired me.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Gave my idea using a fan to lift arms up and down in a zombie fashion a dry run yesterday. Alas a fan does not have enough strength, so trying to think of a plan B

1 - 20 of 65 Posts