Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
crossfit zombie
7,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to make the zombie escape prop.I know it was originaly done with a massager motor.Has anyone used another type of motor with this prop.I don't have a massager motor and for the price I could buy another type of motor.I have been checking on ebay and they still run between 25-30 with shipping.
If someone has used another type of motor could you please post how you did it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This is the one I followed so if I can do it anyone can!

Village Haunt

The only thing I can add to this you need to play around with the plumbers tape in how you screw it into the piping. Don't be afraid to get it tight or else you can end up with a prop like this:
YouTube - ground breaker

Unless of course you like that much action!

·
crossfit zombie
7,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the one I followed so if I can do it anyone can!

Village Haunt

The only thing I can add to this you need to play around with the plumbers tape in how you screw it into the piping. Don't be afraid to get it tight or else you can end up with a prop like this:
YouTube - ground breaker

Unless of course you like that much action!
That's a lottttt of action.

Did you use both massager ends?It looks like one is for arm and other for head.
Also how did you wire a motion sensor in and where did you get it?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Pumpkins were made for me by someone else using Flash. I've become much better at it since then and hope to have a lot more songs next year.

Yes you use both ends of the massager one for the head and one for the arm.
Here is a good set of pictures I took as I was building it that may help anyone who's a bit confused.
Grave Escape - a set on Flickr

I used a Haunt Master Combo Flex ECT:Flex ECT
to control it. There is about a 5 inch "area" under the floor of the coffin where everything is plugged into a power strip that is in turned plugged into the Combo Flex. I have the massager, speakers, and strobe plugged in and an mp3 player with the sound on repeat so when the speakers get power you hear the growl. For easy on/off timing of a prop with an IR sensor I can't recommend the Combo Flex enough. This is my 3rd year using them and they've never let me down!

·
Registered
190 Posts
You just pry them off. I used a big screw driver and popped them off but be careful, mine rocketed off so don't be looking down at them when you do this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts