Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

My daughter is turning four in a couple of weeks and she wants a zombie cake! I have been scouring online for days for ideas and haven't been able to come up with much. Any help would be greatly appreciated. She is young so I don't want it to gory and I also don't want to do anything with fondant. Thank you so much with any help that you can offer!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hello all!

My daughter is turning four in a couple of weeks and she wants a zombie cake! I have been scouring online for days for ideas and haven't been able to come up with much. Any help would be greatly appreciated. She is young so I don't want it to gory and I also don't want to do anything with fondant. Thank you so much with any help that you can offer!
Ah, this is what I like talking about! CAKE!! This is my favorite website for cakes. I've searched for zombie and there are lots to look at. I don't share this with just anyone! LOL Have Fun!
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=zombie

Edited to add- I skipped right over the part where you mentioned your daughter is turning 4! Will be tough to find a zombie cake for a 4yr old, huh??

·
Registered
336 Posts
I LOVE cakecentral!

My dd is into the creepy stuff too and is only 3. I'd probably find a cartoon with a creepy zombie looking character and draw it on the cake in buttercream,. If she asked me for a zombie cake I'd draw something like invader zim, or she likes corpse bride, something like that.
Or this guy
ThinkGeek :: Dismember-Me Plush Zombie

Do they make any kind of zombie figurines? You could put something like that on top of a regular cake.

I can't help but remember the brain eating zombie cake on ace of cakes, great cake but I guess not for a 4yr old!

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have made Wolfman, the Mummy, a Witch, Frankenstein cakes before. I use a wilton skull cake pan and it works nicely as base for making really any character you like. I know you don't want to use fondant, but I have found this is what greatly helped in creating the look I wanted for some cakes, especially when you don't have the exact cake form for it. In my opinion, I would recommend it for this endeavor. I believe you will be able to produce a kinder looking zombie this way. I have a pic of my Mummy cake, that can give you an idea to build upon. Sorry, I wish I could have been of more help. Just remember you can always go to a bakery and have them do something, if you are really stumped. Good luck! :)

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
She's turning 4 and wants a zombie cake? ....sigh....that would bring a tear to my eye. A future haunter. Hope you find some good ideas. Please post a pic of whatever you make.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have made Wolfman, the Mummy, a Witch, Frankenstein cakes before. I use a wilton skull cake pan and it works nicely as base for making really any character you like. I know you don't want to use fondant, but I have found this is what greatly helped in creating the look I wanted for some cakes, especially when you don't have the exact cake form for it. In my opinion, I would recommend it for this endeavor. I believe you will be able to produce a kinder looking zombie this way. I have a pic of my Mummy cake, that can give you an idea to build upon. Sorry, I wish I could have been of more help. Just remember you can always go to a bakery and have them do something, if you are really stumped. Good luck! :)

Thats super cute!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Ah, this is what I like talking about! CAKE!! This is my favorite website for cakes. I've searched for zombie and there are lots to look at. I don't share this with just anyone! LOL Have Fun!
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=zombie
Oh my goodness! I just spent HOURS on that website looking at Halloween cakes. I just contacted a friend yesterday that does cakes about doing a cake for my party. Now I have tons of ideas!

·
Registered
650 Posts
She's turning 4 and wants a zombie cake? ....sigh....that would bring a tear to my eye. A future haunter. Hope you find some good ideas. Please post a pic of whatever you make.

I agree Boo! This is so cute coming from a 4 year-old! :D

Halloweenie - Your cake looks great... makes me hungry!

Thanks to dippedstix for the link on CakeCentral.... I didn't know this site.... now it's in my Favorites ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks so much you guys! You have been such a great help....I'll post a pic of what I make but I have lots of inspiration now! Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Aww! This is so cute!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts