Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GORE WARNING! (Now with less stomach!)

I was asked for one of these and I'm no pro, but I was happy that someone liked my original picture enough to ask about how I did it! So, here it is. Upsettingly, there is a lot of bare stomach in this tutorial. Nothin' I can do about that, it's a ribcage wound and I had to keep my shirt pinned up to show you the progress!

So, I think this works best as a zombie bite. What you'll have at the end is a hunk taken out of your chest, right over the ribs, and a rib exposed. If you're doing body paint for a zombie look, do this tutorial OVER the applied paint (eg, do this last).

Here goes! This'll take 20 or so minutes – half an hour if you're actually careful, unlike me. VISUALS AT BOTTOM

MATERIALS

2 cups of your choice (dixie cups are best)
Liquid latex
Q tip or make up brush
Fake blood (any kind)
Make up (skintones, red, black, + bruising colors)
Tissues

PREPARING
1. Gather materials – your hands and waist be covered in blood halfway through so don't expect to be able to run off and grab anything. Pour latex into one cup, and blood into the second. Don't use more than half an inch of each – you won't need it!
2. Designate the area of the bite that you want; should be right over your last rib on either side. To keep track, outline it with a washable marker. Do a rough shape – no straight edges. Remember, this zombie took off whatever flesh he could in one bite and it wasn't neat.
3. Set up your exposed rib. You can really use any material for this – I used the top off one of my styrofoam cups. Just cut the top inch off, cut it in half, and shape it into a rib. It's nicely curved, so it'll contour a little to your shape.
4. Cover your “rib” in latex and wrap strips of tissue around it to give it some texture and bulk. This is much like corpsing. Just do one or two layers on it it give it shape.

SETTING THE WOUND
5. Now cover the entire designated area on your stomach with a thin coat of latex.
6. Take a sheet of tissue and press it to the latex. Don't worry about the extra – you'll do that later.
7. Give that a few minutes to set. Once it's a little drier, take more latex and go around the edges of your wound, folding the tissue into the latex as you go. These are the ripped edges of your wound – the more uneven and bumpy, the better.
8. Taking your make up, use the black eyeshadow to form the deepest part of your bite – right in the center. Make a rough, deep circle. Now, with the red and the skintones alternating, cover every exposed bit of white tissue. Once you're done, take your brusing colors and bruise all the way around the OUTSIDE of the issue.
9. Dip one end of your rib in your latex and snuggle it as anatomically correctly as you can into the upper edge of your bite; let dry.

GOING INSANE
10. Now finish it off by applying fake blood and extra tissue! See what works best – individual strands of blood-soaked tissue add a lot of extra depth and detail.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Annamarykahn: I wouldn't recommend the Spirit brand; I just bought it 'cause it was in-store and cheap. A lot of pros will suggest other brands that I'm sure are a lot better! I can get you some names, if you'd like.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Great Job on the tutorial, it looks amazing. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Misdomt: Thank YOU for suggesting it! I walked around for a while afterward with that prosthetic on and my shirt over it. xD I love goring up sometimes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts