Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

AntiChrist Superstar
Discussion Starter #1
I am making a Zero, Jack Skellington's pet ghost dog from The Nightmare before Christmas. I will post my progression pictures of him. The first pic is the base for his head. Its a 6 inch foam ball with formed aluminum for his muzzle. I found a piece of bendable stainless steel tubing on a jobsite I was working on, I saved it for a future use, here I am using it as a chase so I can run a wire through it to his lighted pumpkin nose. Next stage is my first attempt at sculpting with celluclay.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

Are you going to do his body with cheesecloth/gauze or taking a more solid approach?

Registered
interesting, hope to see it soon, I'm just using a zero dog costume hung in a tree. I cut off the nose and put a orange c7 bulb in.
Another thing I need to fix is my Zero dog house, not happy with the one I built last year.

AntiChrist Superstar
Discussion Starter #5
The celluclay part went well I think, this is the base coat/layer, I am gonna wait for it to dry for like a day then add more where its needed.

Frankie's Girl, I had some material left over from last years Santa Jack that I think would be perfect for the body, I think I am gonna use some aluminum wire in the hem so I can form the shape and keep it rigid, thats subject to change, I go with the flow.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
That looks just like zero! :D

Cool about the wire edge - I remember he sort of flowed in the movie... so it would be really cool if he had the ripple/flowing look even if he is static. Sort of a sense of movement...:)

AntiChrist Superstar
Discussion Starter #8
Its going to be static, this thing will be in the weather with snow and heavy winds, he needs to be built like a rock. His nose will be lighted, and I plan on making his body flowing looking. His head is now done, and I think it looks awesome. Pics soon.

Registered
Just watched this tonight(again!).. one of my favorite movies. You did a FANTASTIC job.
I do not understand what you made his body out of.. and what hem is?
Could you explain please? How big is he about? Lastly.. did you varnish him.. or waterproof?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts