Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if the "Booing" tradition is nationwide. Basically, you fill a bag with treats, drop it and a "You've been Boo'd" sign on a neighbor's doorstep. They post the sign and repeat with a neighbor. It's all anonymous. You don't "Boo" where someone has been "Boo'd". Last year I took it to an adult level and left bottles of wine for a couple neighbors. Here's the poem I left with the "You've been Boo(z)ed"

As the winds grow more chill
and the nights come too soon
October brings a thrill
by the glow of the moon

Tis then the phantom walks
through the dark gloom of night
A furtive black cat stalks
and gives you quite a fright

Put your fears at an end
though witches roam the sky
Here are "spirits" we send
to help you get as high!
You've been "Boo(z)ed

For those to young to imbibe the brew
Herein lies something special for you.

I put one of those MS "Witches Brew" labels over the wine label and added a bag of Hershey's minis for homes with kids.
The neighbors loved it!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
We have some Jehovah's Witnesses who moved in down the road... They keep coming up trying to convert us, I think perhaps I shall return the favor to them this year and Boo them :)

Very nice idea for the adults!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Yeah, my neighbor's wouldn't participate I don't think. I've heard of this before, and would LOVE to do it, but not sure how it'd go over. And They'd KNOW it was me, since I have the major Halloween display each year, and they do NOTHING!! LOL :D

·
Registered
946 Posts
That's a neat idea but I'd imagine that you'd have to find enough neighbors who are willing to participate to make it fun.

·
No One Mourns The Wicked
5,231 Posts
Boo-ing is fun! I don't think many people on my street participated though. The signs didn't make it to the windows.

I was surprised to see pre-made Boo-ing kits at Target last year.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I like that idea very much. Unfortunately, I can't see many of the neighbors around here participating, since most don't do much of anything for Halloween and don't really go out of their way to get to know anyone (or even say hi, in some cases).

·
Registered
613 Posts
The school system I work for does this. They really go all out trying to hide their cut-out ghosts in the other teacher/staff's workspace when they're not paying attention. I've seen the ghosts on the ceiling, left in scanner beds, or tucked away in copies of Hamlet. They don't hide candy anymore, since sugar has been banned from the school system, but they still go batty trying to outdo each other with the cutouts.

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
When my daughter was much younger we did this. We called it, "Hit By The Great Pumpkin". It was loads of fun, and the kids really got a kick out of it. I suppose part of it was because it was the one time a year we'd let them doorbell ditch their friends. LOL

·
Registered
670 Posts
Boo-ing is fun! I don't think many people on my street participated though. The signs didn't make it to the windows.

I was surprised to see pre-made Boo-ing kits at Target last year.
I saw them at Walmart too last yr. I thought about doing it for the folks in my office. Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I saw those kits too. Kinda annoyed me but, if it gets people participating, then ok. We did this at my old job for a few years. Huge hit!! I did a lot of our neighbors last you but, they didn't really jump on the bandwagon. I do like the booze idea. Nice twist. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts