Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Mummy Dearest
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please tell me your worst Halloween habit.

I'm trying not to murder my husband, but he likes to use my dinner plates as paint pallets. it drives me nuts. He says, "I'll peal it off when it dries." Does he, nope! Three months later, he still has not cleaned my plates.

plate.jpg

P.S. At least he didn't use my Halloween plates, right?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Oh, gosh... I'm torn between buying supplies to start too many projects or procrastination. I have all these neat ideas in my head, but never enough time to finish them all, and I never start decorating as early as I should.

My DH's worst Halloween habit is *always* underestimating how long stuff will take. He'll say "gimme 20 minutes to get these bins emptied" and 2 hours later, he's still doing it. Grr!

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I think I'm guilty of all of the above too...except for using the plate as a pallet-I use styrofoam plates for that. :) Probably my worst habit is saving too much stuff to make future projects. I hid my stash of used dryer sheets and dryer lint when I went on bed rest the last few weeks of my pregnancy because I feared they would be tossed by a "trying-to-be-helpful" relative. :eek:

Hubby's worst habit is procrastination. :)

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Procrastination, hoarding recyclable items for repurposing, picking up items and never getting around to using them, hiding things from myself accidentally, forgetting I have something and buying it again...buying too many electric candles, candle holders, silver trays, etc. I have a stash of all three, though I try to thin it out with reaper gifts.

·
Registered
540 Posts

I'm trying not to murder my husband, but he likes to use my dinner plates as paint pallets. it drives me nuts. He says, "I'll peal it off when it dries." Does he, nope! Three months later, he still has not cleaned my plates.
What a jerkface. You should take out your frustrations on him. :eek:

<scrubbing>

·
&#127875; | )ark ( )verlord &#127875;
1,092 Posts
Procrastination, hoarding recyclable items for repurposing, picking up items and never getting around to using them, hiding things from myself accidentally, forgetting I have something and buying it again...buying too many electric candles, candle holders, silver trays, etc. I have a stash of all three, though I try to thin it out with reaper gifts.

Are you becoming a level 5 hoarder?

Reactions: lizzyborden

·
Registered
167 Posts
I always get inspired to start dozens of projects. I currently have craft suppkies and half finished props overflowing my dining room table.

Well that and eating myself sick in Halloween candy...

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
My worst Halloween habit?

I have a tendency to...
(spell check)
...is that the best term for it?
Hmmm...tendency, annoyingly recurrent, weakness regarding...
Yeah, tendency seems best.

What was this thread about?
I really need to figure out the lighting for that hell-mouth...I'm pretty sure the mirrored film will work well for the bottomless pit effect...
Do I need...

Oh yeah...bad habit.

I tend to wander from project to project.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Are you becoming a level 5 hoarder?
Is that a term from the show? A game? Psychology? Haha...I hope I'm not actually bad. I did consider buying an old laundry cart from our hospital if they sell them...so I could randomly toss containers and air packets, and recycled drink carriers, and washed out milk jugs, and empty paper towel rolls, and...stuff like that into it, so I won't have bags and boxes of such.

·
Mummy Dearest
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What a jerkface. You should take out your frustrations on him. :eek:

<scrubbing>
SCRUBBING??? Did you clean the plates while I was gone? I will have to check. Oh, and we are preppers.... Halloween preppers. We have all sorts of good stuff for future projects. Hoarders, preppers, stockpiler, all the same, right?

:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ugh. Buying bits and pieces for amazing crafts, and then either not making the craft or doing a really shonky job of it so that I hate it and ditch it... But never trying to re-do it properly. If it doesn't work the first time, I can't be bothered.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts