Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
What do you have planned for the big day this year?

My husband and I work, but afterwards we would like to find a restaurant with Halloween-themed food or decor and eat there. Since we live in an apartment (last year in one!), no TOTs ( 馃槥 ). I will put in my favorite Halloween movie and munch on candy to make up for it! 馃檪

So what's on your agenda for Halloween?

redrum
probibly race home after work, turn on everything, eat a frozen pizza outside while TOT's show up. Not much time at all. TOT ends around 10 at night so I start to take down outside. At midnight I will prob sit down and watch a scary movie............. and that is my Halloween.

Registered
I usually have my Halloween party on Halloween night but this year, I'm having the main one on Saturday and a more younger child friendly party on Halloween night. So, through the day I will be prepping the food and having a general tidy up, make sure everything is ready for 5pm start. I'll be getting the kids to answer the door to ToTs with me behind to supervise. Around 7pm, everyone will be leaving then I'll make a start on taking everything down except the window decor, which I'll do just before bed. Halloween time is all about the build up and the party, once the party is finished and the last of the ToTs have been, I plan on having a horror movie before bed, ready to plan my Christmas plans come Nov 1st! 馃槉

Registered
I'm still in school so I have to do that during the day :( haha but I'll probably wear some spooky makeup or something. My mom always lets me leave early to come home, finish setting all my last minute things up, and get into costume. This is my last year that I can do this for a while because next year I'll be graduated and in college, so I'm living it up!

Registered
As decorating my yard has progressed, my schedule has changed.
a - rush home from work, arrive about 6:00 pm
b - take a half day, rush home get there before school lets out at 3:00, (I'm half a block from a K-3).
c- take the full day off to put out the Gemmy's and other weather sensitive stuff
d - current - take of the 31st and the 1st to, pack, shop spirit, remove fence and mow lawn (1st time since labor day, when fence went up), all before 3:00 when school lets out, when Halloween is all gone!!!

jerseyscare

Registered
I go to work early and decorate the entrance and hallway at work - a few figures, jumping props, fog, lights and scary sounds. We'll have a chili cook-off/ pot luck party at noon. Leave work, rush home, turn everything on scarf down some food and hope toters arrive! Some friends are stopping over so we'll have a fire pit. We have a standing invite to a friend's party but we are usually so tired by the end of the night that we just crash.

Seer of All
I'll be home all day so I'll be making any last minute tweaks to the yard, getting my sound worked out, etc. I usually make some type of finger foods to munch on during the evening and always a pitcher of margaritas or sangria to enjoy while handing out treats. :)

Registered
I've actually taken the whole day and morning after off of work for a few years now.
I do all the setup and tear down the day of, not only for theft/vandalism purposes, but it creates a "surprise" when it's there, and then gone.

Start set up at around 7 am. Usually finish up the lighting/final touches around 4 pm. Take a break, eat something, pick up the ice/dry ice/balloons.
Than the kids start coming soon after. Once it's dusk, it's a madhouse. Over 800 kids last year (we pre-count the candy in each dish).
We usually run out of candy. Then I begin tear down around 10 pm.

Yes, I'm generally exhausted by 11 pm.

Registered
I teach at a middle school and am lucky enough to not only have kids (and me) in costume but we have a Halloween dance and a haunt through my building's hallway. I'll help with that and wear my outfit for after school (steampunk). My daughter and her friends (out actors) will be at the house already getting ready for the garage haunt. I'll finish setting up/turning on things. We'll go over safety and a couple practice run through then open up for ToTs from 6-8 pm. I'll be out front putting guests through in manageable groups and help hand out candy with my wife and her friend at front of house. Afterwards I'll pull in those few things that can't be left outside, talk and laugh with my actors for another well worked year. Finally I'll fall asleep after the adrenaline leaves my system and sleep like a rock!

Registered
i'm gonna start setting up the TOT tables around 9am. while my wife is decorating them I'm gonna bring out my animatronics and set them up in the driveway. once that's all done me and my friends will eat something, then we will get dressed up and wait for the TOT'ers to come and that's when the real fun begins. here's a pic of us from last year.
us.jpg

this year we're adding Pinhead and one other new character (its a suprise). since we're short people we're not doing chucky, ghostface, the new pennywise and one other character I had planned

Registered
I took the day off, like I always do. I have the big table to bring out and do that decor, that only comes out on Halloween. Then it's just hang out until people start showing up and hand out candy. Everything else is done.

Registered
I am retired so there is no running from work and my daughter who does work will be over at 5:30. We always order pizza for Halloween night so I do not have to cook. We set up the full sized figures, speakers and sound, fog machines and cooler. We sit outside on the porch and pass out candy together. We pass out candy until there are no more children coming. Some years that is 9 PM and sometimes 10 PM.

Registered
probibly race home after work, turn on everything, eat a frozen pizza outside while TOT's show up. Not much time at all. TOT ends around 10 at night so I start to take down outside. At midnight I will prob sit down and watch a scary movie............. and that is my Halloween.
10 at night!?? Wow!! I want to live there!!! Our trick or treat time is 5:30-7:30馃槬馃槪

The Big Kahuna of Fright
I've got the day off with pay! Wife & I will set up the treat distribution area. Lighting and sound are both very simple thanks to LED's and Bluetooth. I will have to climb on the roof to set a strobe for the Giant Reaper. Set out 4 foggers, charge the fog chiller at 5:30. Our older daughter is away at college so no walk-thru this year. Less IS More!
All props will be up Sunday afternoon. Home Built means bulletproof. Can't say that about store bought...

Registered
Get up early,l for me. Get costume on. Go f' with the locals by going shopping dressed up. Ge home before 4PM. Wait for myt 3 (if I am lucky) ToTs. just evjoy what I have of the day.

Registered
I always take the 4 days leading up to Halloween, as well as Halloween day off. I spend all of those days carving our pumpkins, so on the 31st I'll be up around 5 am, put on either Trick R Treat or Halloween to listen to as I carve the remaining pumpkins. Hopefully I'm done with them by noon so I can make sure all of the Jack L Lanterns are where I want them to be and they all have candles. Once that's done I'll relax and watch some more movies. We'll order pizza around 5 and have any friends come over. We'll hand out candy from 6:00 until 8:00 while drinking some Sam Adams Octoberfest. Once everything calms down I'll make sure I took enough pictures, then go in and watch some more movies before I fall asleep.

They call me HeebieJeebie
I take a half day off work. The cemetery is mostly ready to go already. So I'll go have lunch with the Spawn who is stuck doing a double shift at the restaurant she works at. Hoping the hubby will get off work early so he can hang out with me. Then I'll pour myself a beverage (OMG - I just learned about Captain Morgan's Jack-o-Blast! Pumpkin spice rum!! Mix it with apple cider = YUMMY!) and set up a lawn chair & possibly the fire pit in the driveway. It's not Halloween if we don't have crappy weather in Michigan!

Since H'ween is Wednesday, I'll leave the cemetery up an extra day. Hubby & I both took Friday off for tear down.

Registered
I鈥檒l be off on Halloween and the two days after. I usually take the whole week, but had to save time for a two week vacation to Texas in November.
Anyway, I鈥檒l spend the morning prepping and cooking for our open house. Then I鈥檒l obsess that I don鈥檛 have enough candy for the TOTs and run to
the store for more. I鈥檒l then obsess that I don鈥檛 have enough food/booze and buy/make more. I鈥檒l get into costume around 3pm as some TOTs in my
neighborhood head out right after school. Put final touches on the buffet. By 5:30-6:00 TOTing will be getting into high gear so I鈥檒l go between giving
out candy and making sure guests at open house are eating/drinking/enjoying themselves. This whole time my amazing GF will be working hard to
keep me from having a meltdown. By 8pm TOTing will be wrapping up and by 9pm guests start to head out. At that point, I鈥檒l have time to breath and
get a bite to eat. I鈥檒l also realize I have way too much food, booze and candy left over. The next two days will be a whirlwind of hitting up stores for after Halloween sales, undecorating and packing away.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts