Halloween Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some strange things have been happening in my house lately. My house was built by my grandparents along with two other houses along this road. The road itself was cut out by my great grandfather, so my family has been here since the 30's. No one has ever actually died in either of the houses that I'm aware of, but I've seen some family members often. Like when I was little, I'd see my great aunt a lot and once I even seen my great grandfather.

But recently however, I've been seeing my grandmother. She's been gone for 7 years on September 11th. Anyway, I was walking down the hall and we have a mirror in which I seen her in, I thought it was just a pile of clothes that may have looked like a person but when I looked where I seen it (in my parents room which used to be her room), I seen her standing there. Later I was walking back through the hall and in the picture frame I seen the reflection of her sitting in a chair in the kitchen. I stopped to look at the reflection and she was sitting there smiling, but when I walked into the kitchen she was gone. Other strange things have been happening too, such as my parents fan in their room knocking off the table (which is nearly impossible unless you bump into it) and one night that same fan fell and it stood upside down where it landed (they have carpet in their room which couldn't have held it up anyway). My boyfriend seen it and he froze and said he didn't know how it even happened and couldn't explain it, I only seen it sitting there. We've also heard strange things as well.

Another story I have is after my grandfather passed away. It was the husband of my grandmother I talked about above, he died a year prior to my grandmother. They weren't together for many many years. One day he was in his camper he had (he lived with his girlfriend at the time, not sure where he was though or why he was in his camper away from home, maybe some alone time, I don't know) and some man claimed he was gonna kill him and all that. Well, he was found dead a day later in that camper. Not sure if he was for sure killed or not though. Anyway, my uncle had land up in the mountains and my family decided to put the camper there for whenever any of my family wanted to stay up there since his old camper was rotting and falling apart and my grandfathers was fairly new. My family wanted to go camping, and they didn't tell me anything about him dying in that camper, I didn't know he had even died in a camper at the time. I didn't know much about him anyway since I only met him a handful of times. Anyway, I ended up sleeping right where he had died, the kitchen table (it turned into a bed). That night I had a dream about him, dreamt he kept flipping the channels on the radio and I jumped away and sure enough, the radio stations kept changing. Then, I just laid my head back down and I turned to look up and I see him over me and he smiles and he just disappears.
Told my dad the next day and he told me he loved changing the channels all the time on the radio. It didn't really scare me, but it was a bit freaky. That's what officially made me a believer.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Zaria- Thank you for your experiences that you put down here.
I think almost anyone would be a "Believer" if they saw what you seen!
People will tell me their personal ghost stories almost every week (When they come through my "Haunted", Haunted House.)
I Do Believe Most of the stories that people tell me because they usually do not sound like a Holly Wood horror movie or a TV Show.
"HollyWood" will never help us figure out the supernatural because they must hype-up any actual true encounters with gore, blood, suspense, most of which is extremely rare in our real, day to day world.
I have heard some Very Interesting stories though.(That I believe)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I once saw a brown haired girl ghost in my parents house when I was five. Since the ghost looked like a person and not a wispy-see through thing, I thought all these years I didn't actually see it and maybe it was my imagination. I never told anyone in my family for a long time because I thought I just imagined it. A couple of years ago the subject of ghosts came up at a family gathering and I mentioned that I saw the ghost but not what the ghost looked like. One of my sisters said she saw a ghost at my parents house too when she was a girl and I asked her what the ghost looked like. She said the ghost had BROWN hair(like my ghost!) and was holding a candle. My jaw dropped, I really did see a ghost, and she saw it too. Also at that house, I saw sheets move by themselves on my bed. There was no fan on and no window open. It was creepy so I just told myself I didn't really see it, just so I didn't feel so weird about it. At a different house I lived in as a child, we had basement seances. Years later I asked my sister why we had the seances and she said in the basement pantry things would just fall off the shelves for no reason and we were trying to find out about what was causing it. I remember we had a black light at the seance but other than that it was dark. That was in the early groovy seventies when black lights were popular. I don't remember anything strange happening at the seances I thought it was just for fun at the time. I don't think my parents knew about it. I don't know if they would've stopped us or not; they are pretty open-minded about such things. Quite recently I've had a poltergeist-like experience which has been kind of scary in which my bed shook almost every night but I stopped fearing it and it has pretty much left. Except when I start fearing again it comes back. So I try not to fear it so much since it feeds off fear and negative energy. My husband had never felt it for the longest and one night he did. I'm glad, because I thought I was going crazy. My husband also had a paranormal experience at a place he used to work. His office door opened and shut by itself. He told someone at work and they told him that the place was haunted!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
An Imagination can be a wonderful thing, but not when you are trying to figure out actual hauntings or reasons for a haunting.
I was told recently about a house that has a very active even though it remains empty. I know this house pretty well, it belonged to my first Wife's Grandparents for maybe 50 yrs.
They kept every Apt. there steadily rented out for years to new school teachers . I did work in the house for them, I have slept there a few times, Never heard anything like the place was haunted, but after they died and the house was sold three times, then ripped totally apart and a lot of very expensive work done there, nobody has lived in it since because of the strange things that have happened there to the workmen while they were rehabbing the entire place. They even extended the basement where there had only previously been a tiny crawl space.
So the other day a woman told me there was a tunnel under the street connecting this house with another 160 yr. old house straight across the street.
I have been in both basements, there is no tunnel there, but this was trying to become part of her story saying the man who lived in the other house was a slave owner/slave trader!?
I don't think anyone in northwestern Illinois was in the slave business, besides that the one house was built 10 years after the Civil War.
There are a few old tunnels in N.W. Ill.in other small towns but they never went under any busy streets.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Last night a man who has been through my Haunt many times told me :"He was in the dark inside a very old building when he saw just a candle's flame floating through the air, and it traveled through the old building following a path that was no longer there as it followed the exterior walls that were now changed.
I have heard of such a thing before but I couldn't quite remember where I was told that this had happened?
Then later I was telling my Wife about this . The floating Candle flame had happened to HER! Right here in our house!
It appeared out of thin air, coming toward her, and her now deceased cat saw it too! The cat moved it's head around sort of side-to-side as the flame went passed my Wife's head and maybe vanished into an electrical outlet behind her.
The Impossibility of a small flame being able to burn and move through the air is very baffling to me!?
Maybe the small flame is an actual apparition itself?
In the past, if one was carrying a mere candle for your light to walk through the dark, the person carrying the small flame would be concentrating on the flame and the floor or stairs or path, maybe that mental energy is still out there and manifests itself as a vision in the mind of the present day observer?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Yesterday afternoon another man was here talking about his haunted old building half-way across the State. A "Little Boy" was watching his Wife in bed one night from the foot of their bed, leaning on the foot of the bed with his arms crossed (Bored?) This sure scared Her , though!
"He" has been working in and on his old place for 15 years, so he is not too overly nervous about being in the place, so then I asked him if anything "evil" or really scary had ever happened there?
"Well, one time a Machete slid down a hallway all by itself, but I didn't feel as if that was really threatening since I have spent so many years in the place.."
Should we take a poll or vote on this? "A Machete empowered to go sliding for 30 feet? Evil or just someone "Showing-Off"?
" The Ultimate Pedicure?"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Last December, me and some friends went to a theater at a local club (I could give the name if anyone wants to know.) I had heard that the place was haunted, but until then, I didn't know what to think. Well, while waiting for the movie to start, I saw a shadow, dwarf and hunchback, darting across one of the chairs in front of me. Neither of the girls sitting next to me could have moved that fast.

By the way, the local ghost there is named Elmer and is believed to be someone who committed suicide way back when.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a few. Living in New Orleans, it shouldn't be a surprise that a lot of places are haunted.

First Story- When I was in high school, each class had to go on a retreat when school started. The retreat house was old, wooden, and had a funny smell. It had been an old convent, that was converted into a retreat house. There were several rooms with bunk beds in them. We all found our assigned beds. That night, we were all in bed, and a teacher came by to turn out the lights. I don't sleep well with noises going on like snoring so I was wide awake, since there were 7 other girls in the room. The hallway had a light on, in case guests had to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I looked into the hallway and saw a black figure. I could see its mouth moving. I shut my eyes and opened them again. It was now in the middle of the room. Looking at me with its mouth moving. I was terrified to continue looking at it, but also terrified to shut my eyes again. I closed my eyes and tried to will it away. When I reopened them, it was standing next to my bunk. Its mouth moving. I was absolutely terrified. I threw the sheet over my head and started to pray. When I pulled the sheet down from my face, it was gone. I have a history of waking dreams, but I never fell asleep that night. I got out of bed with the rest of my classmates, but I didn't sleep at all that night. I was scared to go to bed the next night, but nothing happened.

Second Story: My first college apartment was a tiny thing, about 500 square feet. in a house that was about 100 years old. I moved in, and everything was going well. However, I started noticing that the bathroom door would open after I shut it. I really thought it was just because it was an old house, and the floor slanted. I mentioned it to my dad, and he said the same thing. He fiddled with it a bit, and tightened a few screws. The next day I left the bathroom door shut again, and when I returned from class it was open yet again. "Oh well," I thought, "It must need to be tightened again."

A few days later, I was getting ready for bed, and I had the tv on. I walked over to it to shut it off, and as I did I saw a man sitting on my sofa in the reflection. I turned to look, and no one was there. I know that tvs can have residual images on them sometimes, so I brushed it off as that. The next morning, i had to wake up early for class. As I walked into the bathroom, I saw a man sitting on my sofa. You could tell he was tall, because his knees came up high. He was wearing a grey suit, and had a short military style hair cut. I wasn't scared, he looked nice. I said hello and walked into the bathroom. When I came out, he was gone. I named him Harry. Every time I would leave my apartment, I would ask him to watch the place. When I would come home, my bathroom door would be open again, or if I came home late, a light would be on for me. I started dating a guy, and Harry was a little interested in the stranger who was now coming over. The radio would flip on any time we got close. Or the sink would back up for no reason, as if Harry was testing him. One night, my boyfriend stayed over. The next morning he was terrified. He said he woke up and there was a man standing next to the bed. That he didn't do anything, he was just standing there. I think Harry was making sure my boyfriend didn't try anything during the night. When I moved out, I was happy, but sad that I was leaving Harry. As I left I told Harry to watch the apartment, and the bathroom door opened slowly as if to say goodbye.

·
Head Witch
2,871 Posts
Backstory, I'm Wiccan. I’m better classified as a Green Witch. I’m not the only "gifted" witch in the family. I have seen and spoken to spirits since I was very small, I can feel what others are feeling, and sometimes dream of things that will come to pass. I don’t like touching people, I don’t want to know their secrets. My mother can hear them, and occasionally see them, before she closed her mind to her gifts she was also able to know what was going to happen. My older sister and youngest niece are into the darker crafts, Blood spells, animal sacrifices, and they have learned how to manipulate others emotions. My sister sent a Shadow person after me when I found out what she was doing and told her that she will get what she sends out, I guess that marked me for some of the darker entities. Most spirits I encounter are just lonely, or curious.

The sprits at the facility that I work at usually just stop and stare every now and then. (I work in a Government WH that was used as an encampment for Germans during WWII, and we have had a coworker die here within the last 5 yrs., he stays in the Building he died in, but waves when I come to visit.) I am very empathic, and sometimes I’m able to pick up thoughts, the older I get the stronger the “gifts” seem to get. Some people I get a tune, my husband and my youngest son are some of the ones of the ones I hear Music. Usually really low, but beautiful. My oldest son is like me but not as strong. He can see them but doesn’t seem to hear them.

Back on track

I have been having issues with two Creatures, and yes, I mean creatures. They aren't human and never have been human. I get a sense of wickedness from them. Even writing about them gives me goosebumps.

They first appeared two years ago and pop up when I least expect it. I can tell when they have entered a room because everything goes quiet, which includes any emotions I get from the people in my house. My husband was away on travel and my children and I are alone in the house. The kids were in their room asleep but I was still up reading in my bed, with just a reading lamp lighting my room. The house goes quiet. Which frightens me anyway because I’m used to a certain feel to my family. I just happen to look over and see this child, I knew it wasn’t mine because my children are in bed asleep. I couldn’t tell if it was male or female. Upon looking at the “child” I notice that it is very pale and skin seems stretched, where its eyes should be are empty black pits. Somehow it knew I was looking at it and it SMILED. I had never been more afraid, it looked like sharp razor blades. I say my chant that I say at my alter every morning calling on the elements to look over my self and my family, envisioning myself, and family being bathed in pure white healing light. The thing disappears. Terrified I check on the children to make sure that it didn’t go to them. Only saw this particular entity one other time, that was when I went to the cemetery to visit my great grandmothers grave. It didn’t make a move but I could tell it was looking at me.

Second Creature and first encounter so far was in my closet. I can’t remember where my husband was at, at the time. My children were outside playing and I was folding clothes and putting them away my closet is a large walk in with a shelf on top, that I keep my towels at. I had already been in there hanging up my husband’s clothes without incident. I go back in there with another armload of shirts ready to be hung on the rack. The same sense of cold and quiet washes over me and I looked up. This one was crouched on the top shelf leaning over holding on to the ledge with its long fingers with black claw-like nails biting into the ledge. It’s seemed oddly portioned. Bones longer than a human with this thin gray skin stretched across its bones, patchy stringy hair hanging from its head. Same black holes where its eyes should be, like the “child’s” smiling a greasy razorblade smile at me. Just a foot from my face. I yell at it to leave! It has No place in my home. I start calling on the elements like I did with the first, and grab my Sage smudging stick, light it and start praying harder. I hear it scream, all the while I envision healing white light around myself and my little family. Just as I finish my chant. It’s gone. I blessed the whole house, going into each room with salt, alter water, and smudging stick in hand. I saved the closet for last because I feel like it was the portal. When I went in there I noticed scratches in the wood where it had been. I’m afraid that it will come back.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Backstory, I'm Wiccan. I’m better classified as a Green Witch. I’m not the only "gifted" witch in the family. I have seen and spoken to spirits since I was very small, I can feel what others are feeling, and sometimes dream of things that will come to pass. I don’t like touching people, I don’t want to know their secrets. My mother can hear them, and occasionally see them, before she closed her mind to her gifts she was also able to know what was going to happen. My older sister and youngest niece are into the darker crafts, Blood spells, animal sacrifices, and they have learned how to manipulate others emotions. My sister sent a Shadow person after me when I found out what she was doing and told her that she will get what she sends out, I guess that marked me for some of the darker entities. Most spirits I encounter are just lonely, or curious.

The sprits at the facility that I work at usually just stop and stare every now and then. (I work in a Government WH that was used as an encampment for Germans during WWII, and we have had a coworker die here within the last 5 yrs., he stays in the Building he died in, but waves when I come to visit.) I am very empathic, and sometimes I’m able to pick up thoughts, the older I get the stronger the “gifts” seem to get. Some people I get a tune, my husband and my youngest son are some of the ones of the ones I hear Music. Usually really low, but beautiful. My oldest son is like me but not as strong. He can see them but doesn’t seem to hear them.

Back on track

I have been having issues with two Creatures, and yes, I mean creatures. They aren't human and never have been human. I get a sense of wickedness from them. Even writing about them gives me goosebumps.

They first appeared two years ago and pop up when I least expect it. I can tell when they have entered a room because everything goes quiet, which includes any emotions I get from the people in my house. My husband was away on travel and my children and I are alone in the house. The kids were in their room asleep but I was still up reading in my bed, with just a reading lamp lighting my room. The house goes quiet. Which frightens me anyway because I’m used to a certain feel to my family. I just happen to look over and see this child, I knew it wasn’t mine because my children are in bed asleep. I couldn’t tell if it was male or female. Upon looking at the “child” I notice that it is very pale and skin seems stretched, where its eyes should be are empty black pits. Somehow it knew I was looking at it and it SMILED. I had never been more afraid, it looked like sharp razor blades. I say my chant that I say at my alter every morning calling on the elements to look over my self and my family, envisioning myself, and family being bathed in pure white healing light. The thing disappears. Terrified I check on the children to make sure that it didn’t go to them. Only saw this particular entity one other time, that was when I went to the cemetery to visit my great grandmothers grave. It didn’t make a move but I could tell it was looking at me.

Second Creature and first encounter so far was in my closet. I can’t remember where my husband was at, at the time. My children were outside playing and I was folding clothes and putting them away my closet is a large walk in with a shelf on top, that I keep my towels at. I had already been in there hanging up my husband’s clothes without incident. I go back in there with another armload of shirts ready to be hung on the rack. The same sense of cold and quiet washes over me and I looked up. This one was crouched on the top shelf leaning over holding on to the ledge with its long fingers with black claw-like nails biting into the ledge. It’s seemed oddly portioned. Bones longer than a human with this thin gray skin stretched across its bones, patchy stringy hair hanging from its head. Same black holes where its eyes should be, like the “child’s” smiling a greasy razorblade smile at me. Just a foot from my face. I yell at it to leave! It has No place in my home. I start calling on the elements like I did with the first, and grab my Sage smudging stick, light it and start praying harder. I hear it scream, all the while I envision healing white light around myself and my little family. Just as I finish my chant. It’s gone. I blessed the whole house, going into each room with salt, alter water, and smudging stick in hand. I saved the closet for last because I feel like it was the portal. When I went in there I noticed scratches in the wood where it had been. I’m afraid that it will come back.
Wow. moonwitchykitty, how scary! I wonder if these were very dark elemental spirits? I hope they don't come back!

·
Head Witch
2,871 Posts
Wow. moonwitchykitty, how scary! I wonder if these were very dark elemental spirits? I hope they don't come back!
I have no clue so far, they haven't done anything but let their presence known, and scratch the wood where the big one was sitting. I'm terrified of them. I know they were sent. It's not something that is natrual. I wish we had more trees where we live. I'm a green witch and draw from nature. Every encounter I have with them is very draining, and I have to recharge. Best place for that is in the woods. I haven't had an encounter since the last time. When I got angry, smudged the whole house, and told them to go back from where they came from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We rented a house for a week in Dennisport,Ma. (Cape cod) . The first night there we were woken up by the sound of kitchen cabinet doors and drawers opening and closing . Also cookware rattling. I went to see who was in the kitchen at 1:00 am . Just as I got to the kitchen the noises stopped. Looked around the kitchen ,nothing out of place. Went back to bed. Just as I was falling asleep the noise started again. Got up ,walked to the kitchen noises stopped just as I got to doorway.This went on the whole week of our vacation. Nothing was out of place in the kitchen .It sounded like some one was in there cooking up a storm.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Two things that happened recently at my in-laws' house make us pretty sure they have some sort of ghost. My husband's family has mentioned weird things happen every so often, but these two I've actually experienced.

1. A few months ago I'm at the house with my husband and FIL. We're sitting and talking in the living room. Out of nowhere, a ceramic pot fell out of a closed cabinet and broke. No one was standing/walking/jumping near it, and it had previously been secure inside the cabinet. It ejected with a bit of force too. So no idea how it could have done that by itself.

2. Last week we (his whole family and I) were sitting at the kitchen table talking about the "ghosts." His mom jokingly mentions it's her parents, to which the lights flicker for a moment. We all get excited and she mentions it a second time -- lights flicker again. Now we're really excited, but I'm a bit skeptical because it could very well be a demon or something pretending to be the spirit of someone we know (I watch too many movies 😅 ). I say it might be a demon and the lights flicker in the other room. We stopped talking about it after that!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Two things that happened recently at my in-laws' house make us pretty sure they have some sort of ghost. My husband's family has mentioned weird things happen every so often, but these two I've actually experienced.

1. A few months ago I'm at the house with my husband and FIL. We're sitting and talking in the living room. Out of nowhere, a ceramic pot fell out of a closed cabinet and broke. No one was standing/walking/jumping near it, and it had previously been secure inside the cabinet. It ejected with a bit of force too. So no idea how it could have done that by itself.

2. Last week we (his whole family and I) were sitting at the kitchen table talking about the "ghosts." His mom jokingly mentions it's her parents, to which the lights flicker for a moment. We all get excited and she mentions it a second time -- lights flicker again. Now we're really excited, but I'm a bit skeptical because it could very well be a demon or something pretending to be the spirit of someone we know (I watch too many movies 😅 ). I say it might be a demon and the lights flicker in the other room. We stopped talking about it after that!
Wow scary stuff. Sometimes these spirits or whatever are so sensitive that just thinking about them or talking about them seems to stir them up. I've tried to tone down my interest in the paranormal because of this (although I doubt I can stop my interest altogether in the paranormal, it is just so creepily fascinating to me).I honestly don't know how anybody could think that spirits don't exist. I've had too many unusual experiences to ever doubt their existence.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wow scary stuff. Sometimes these spirits or whatever are so sensitive that just thinking about them or talking about them seems to stir them up. I've tried to tone down my interest in the paranormal because of this (although I doubt I can stop my interest altogether in the paranormal, it is just so creepily fascinating to me).I honestly don't know how anybody could think that spirits don't exist. I've had too many unusual experiences to ever doubt their existence.
Same here! There are just too many strange occurrences to not think there spirits exist... I'm also a firm believer in willing things to happen, so I try to dwell too much when things like this happen (I do think it's cool though, my very own ghost story!)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can't say for sure but I don't think demon at all. In my experience it was someone on the other side just letting you know that they were t

Can't say for sure but I don't think demon at all. In my experience it was someone on the other side just letting you know that they were there. Electrical is some of the easiest to manipulate. I use to have my own ghost hunting group...well still kind of do it a little. I'm more of a consultant now. I was always the skeptic though. I'm the tech girl that has all the gadgets. All to be used to disprove things. Not everything is paranormal. Of course there are just some things that can't be explained away scientifically.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts