Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from seeing a midnight showing of the new Friday the 13th film. I didn't know exactly what I was getting into, I hated the remake of Halloween (not a rob zombie fan) and I was weary of this one.

I LOVED IT! :D
It was a remake without being a remake, the portrayal of Jason was fabulous, the whole theater jumped and cheered when they were supposed to. Jason was something to fear in this one, they made him smart enough and fast enough to really be creepy. I don't want to give anything away before everyone has a chance to see it.

I can't wait to hear the discussions on this movie, I hope you all enjoy(ed) it as much as I did.

·
The Cloven Bunny
2,965 Posts
I can't wait to see it!!! Going to the matinee tomorrow! Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

There was something about the SPEED of Jason in the trailer that made him seem more terrifying...........

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Yup..me and #1 son (named Jason after the man himself...) are off to see it tonight.

I've been quite impressed with the trailers and the new "faster, smarter" Jason does seem to add a new dimension to the character without detracting from the original.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I'm in 2 minds of whether to see this or not. On message boards I have heard generally positive reviews, but I'm still not so sure. Might wait for it to come on TV, or until someone I know buys the DVD when it's out. If a friend wants to see it though, I may go along.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got back from seeing the movie. From the trailers I thought this movie is gunna kick arse and I was totally right!
The movie seemed like a remake, but infact it's not. It's sort of like a fresh start.
I jumped in my seat numerous times, definately the way Horror flicks are done!

GREAT MOVIE, GO SEE IT!!!!

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I thought it was kind of boring. Some parts were really good. Most of the actors were so bad you just wanted to kill them yourself. Jared, Danielle and Jason were pretty good though. This might be fun to see in theaters if you scare EASY but if you don't , I wouldent waste the time going to see it. Cause much of it was predicable. (well that's what my friends and I though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The acting wasn't that bad. It was alot better then the actors in The Happening. And to be honest I sat in the back of the theatre and everytime something popped out the whole theatre jumped. So obviously, 60 people didn't know what was coming. It was different then most movies. With the pop outs they pounded the music so it was louder and it gave you a good jolt. Compared to every Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, or Friday the 13th this movie made me jump numerous times....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I loved this movie.Can't wait to see it again. The new and improved Jason rocked. I thought the actors and actresses did a very good job in their respective roles. One of the best Friday the 13th movies ever made. Would recomend this movie to anyone.

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
I wanna see it bad, but I have to wait a week because my fiance is in New York working fashion week and she would pull a Jason and kill me if I went to see it without her. She loves Jason, actually bought her dad the 6ft Jason prop for her dad for christmas. So, I must wait. Seems good from most of you guys reviews.

·
Registered
232 Posts
good flick, but not great IMO. Jason has ALWAYS been my boy and my fav since i was little. the faults that i find are that parts "like the beginning" felt a little rushed for my tastes the lady was NO Besty Palmer! that and the death scenes could have been a little more elaborate, there were a few good ones but some stinky ones as well. other than those flaws i liked this flick. not by any means my fav in the series but no where near the worst ether. thats my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I still haven't seen it (going next Tuesday with my Optimum Rewards free tuesday movie tickets), but I just read this Haunternet post (haunternet.com/news/248), where the dude literally tears the movie a new a$$hole. Holy cow. Almost makes me reconsider.

How's it compare to Freddy vs. Jason? Better? Worse? Way better?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts