Halloween Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
We would buy a new house. We live on a one lane dead end road that's hard to find. We'd go out and find a nice house with a slanted lawn so that the tombstones could be lined up and still easily seen. It would have to have that look of a house that could easily be turned into a funeral parlor with a nice long walkway to litter with moving critters and freaky stuff. It would be best to have a front foyer that we could decorate with a witches apothecary. And of course it has to be a home located somewhere in a neighborhood full of TOTs eager to be scared ever so slightly before getting their full sized candy bars. Because if we won the lottery, we'd be handing out full sized candy bars from day one. Yeah... we fantasize about it that much. :)

Registered
I'd probably go with one of those full-size dinosaur costumes.Something like this:

:ROFLMAO:
I've seen that video before and loved it. That was along the lines of what popped immediately in my head, at least for this year. If we get lucky and no rain I want to set up my haunted dino park/lab to be a whole yard walk thru. As the kids would complete walking around thru the back yard towards the front, they would have to pass our front porch area that would be more or less hidden from view until they were along side of it and that's where it would be perfect for a really good costumed dinosaur actor (like velociraptor Blue in the Jurassic World Universal park) or even an amimatronic one would suddenly appear from the side and move towards them with a roar. After seeing skeleton dinos/props in the rest of the yard, something that large, realistic and moving towards them out of the blue would be great. Perfect way to get them moving towards the exit. Plus I've always loved dinosuars since I was a kid and would be fun to have. It would spoil the surprise to do this before hand but bet the kids would love seeing me walking down the street with a dinosaur on a leash like my neighbors who walk their dogs.

Sure there are other things I could have mentioned as my one thing, but trying to stay focused on this year's theme as much as I can. Sometimes coming here can be dangerous to your haunt's progress!

Registered
I showed this one to the family and the first thing they all said was, "We don't see any elevators. Where are the elevators?" It's an amazing house, but really, if you win the lottery, retrofit that home with some elevators. My cardio desires only go so far running up and down that many stairs before my clumsiness steps in and says, "that's one heck of a long fall down." hahaha

Registered
For me....it would have to be land with some buildings on it. Also to build everything I want to make so my attraction would be bigger and better. My goal is to have something like Davis Graveyard.
We love the Davis Graveyard. Their idea of a haunt is so similar to ours. No guts, no gore, just an overriding sense of unease that low lighting and things moving out of the corner of your eye create. They create a world that you can slip so easily into for just a few moments and revive all your Halloween spirit. We're fortunate enough to live just a short ride away from them. We hope the rains will hold off for this Saturday when we go visit them so that all their props and fog machines will be running. :)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts