Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you hit the lottery tomorrow and had to buy ONE Halloween item to add to your haunt (Buying Disney's Haunted Mansion doesn't count!). What would it be?

Me? I'd buy a huge Vortex Tunnel leading to my TOT treat station. Mine would feature those flying dementors from Harry Potter with a projection of a waiting dementor on the end.
Muaaaah-ha-ha-ha-ha!
Vortex Tunnel

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,686 Posts
Vortex Tunnel! Can I choose that too? Because I really do love that effect...

A full-scale pepper's ghost effect with moving objects in the background? Yeah that would be so cool. Like a dining room with the table set with skeleton food and have a ghost appear and things like glasses and chairs shifting...

I think one idea I haven't seen in a long time is the whole angle house/gravity illusion thing. It used to be a common feature to have an "Angle Inn" or such in amusement parks, where the patrons followed a pathway into the attraction and a they proceeded to the show area, the floor seemed to shift and by the time they reached the viewing area, you were leaning against the railing trying not to lose your balance. And then a short 10 minute show with a live person interacting with the environment, usually they'd perch a chair on the wall, talk to a animated bust/recording, play pool on a table that looked normal but all the balls "fell" upwards... I know how they did it, but the money to make it would be crazy to be INSIDE a giant illusion. :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
One item that i would buy hmm.....i would buy 2000 acres so that way i can build a haunted village (something like the abadoned villages from the black plague) attraction, and have my own small town of Haunters.

·
The Haunting Girl
853 Posts
O lord... Not worrying about taxes and insurance and all that jazz? Yea, sign me up for a large building too! Better yet, a chunk of land with a house and multiple buildings so I can have a home, a prop shop, my haunt, and few other things.

·
Registered
257 Posts
1st depends on the amount won. ha ha But if a sizeable amount, don't think I would buy "a" Halloween item but buy the services of a person who professionally can clean & organize my house & yard to my specs/liking (I'm particular) & teach me how to make all my own props; including pneumatics & RGB lightning (Is there such a person???). That way I could relieve myself of everyday chores & devote all of my time to Halloween decor.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts