Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm looking for joint compound and liquid latex.

Latex is running about $45/gal, joint compound about $50 (5gal bucket)...anyone have little secret shops/websites with better prices? Where's your go-to location for the best deals on your construction supplies?

Thanks in advance!

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,956 Posts
You might try ebay for the latex. Some people have used latex carpet glue with varying degrees of success as an alternative to liquid latex.

·
Registered
178 Posts
joint compond from home depot is like $11 a 5gal bucket i have used latex carpet glueit is thick and does work good for texture smells realy strong and takes forever to dry like days
for corpsing skeletons i used to use the carpet glue now i love the painters drop cloth and heat gun in multi layers no sticky mess and no pants ruined

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't know if you have anything like this where you live, but we have a Re-Store It. It's a store similar to a Lowe's or Home Depot, but run by Habitat for Humanity. It can be a bit of a gamble - you never know what you might find - but usually there are tons of metal findings, flooring, doors, cabinets, and other random construction and home building supplies. I've never noticed if they have any latex or compound, specifically, but it would be worth a shot.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
I don't know if you have anything like this where you live, but we have a Re-Store It. It's a store similar to a Lowe's or Home Depot, but run by Habitat for Humanity. It can be a bit of a gamble - you never know what you might find - but usually there are tons of metal findings, flooring, doors, cabinets, and other random construction and home building supplies. I've never noticed if they have any latex or compound, specifically, but it would be worth a shot.
They have something similar in Canada. This is the first I've heard of something like this in the states. I wish there was one around here; I'd be there every week :D.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'm going to end up using chicken wire with the JC and burlap, use the GS for highlights. Was hoping for that 'miracle store' that ends up being significantly cheaper than home depot etc. hehe. know that site cakewrecks.com? Making an awesome set of trees, but we'll see what they actually end up looking like! :eek:

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts