Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks out and a bit early to tell but what's your long range forecast look like? We're 54/45 with morning showers. I could live with that as long as it's in the morning.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks like the lead up will have it get cooler after today (our high is supposed to be in the 90's) with early morning rain the few days prior to Halloween. Plus side, it should be low 70's with 50's overnight. Of course, I'll believe it when I feel it as our weather is notorious for being hot as Hades the day of.

·
black light queen
2,494 Posts
we're getting a ton of rain ... purchased a 10'x30' canopy/tent & put it up over the walkway leading up to the porch ... had to make some modifications to keep the rain from pooling, which worked well until we got a torrential down-pour with crazy wind & the whole thing collapsed

last year was the first year that we had rain on halloween ... rained up until the early evening ... the number of tots was down from the year before, but considering the poor weather conditions, was a good year ... this year, who knows ... we're behind in getting stuff done because of all of the rain ... another identical 10'x30' canopy/tent was ordered ... going to reinforce it so hopefully it'll hold up better & still be up for the tots

going to order parts & build a more robust diy canopy for next year, just in case the rain comes back ... don't have enough time for this year, hence the same canopy was ordered

we've been getting a bunch of people driving by to look at our progress :) many of them have heard through word of mouth & are first time "visitors" & are impressed with what's already been done, which is a nice compliment, but when we tell them that we're barely started due to the stupid rain, they're surprised when we tell them that they haven't seen anything yet

/rant over, lol

amk

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well it changes daily. Today it says it will be 39 degrees and cloudy on Halloween. I'm just hoping it doesn't rain!!!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,403 Posts
Well, so far long range says sunny, 60s daytime, 40s nighttime but showers 4 days before the 30th.

I hope that shower thing goes away because my yard hasn't dried out all summer & I'm OVAH humidity & rain in general. Not that I want snow yet, but after Nov. 2 all bets are off for snow as far as I'm concerned.

The forecasters are saying since it's an El Nino winter this year we may get more precip overall which I'm not happy about. If it's snow I'd be OK, but no more rain for a while please.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I didn't think I'd have a rain issue to deal with, being here in the AZ desert, but that's exactly what we're facing. We had to wait until the remnants of Hurricane Sergio passed us before we could start on the outside decorating, and even then, I only put out the most rain resistant props, as we had and have more rain in the forecast.

Our party is on the 20th, and the forecast has been alternating between rain and no rain for that day. Currently, it looks like the rain is going to hold off mostly until Sunday, but the ground is so damp, that I'm guessing the back yard will easily turn to mud, once enough people start walking on it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ours says hig of 80 and lows at night of 50. As long as these crazy winds and no more rain until November 1st then I am ok... Any more of either of those 2 and I might cry lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine doesn't track on the weather channel to the big day but that entire week its nothing but showers at the moment.. Great, just great... but accuweather states it'll be 66 so who knows.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We're at 51/39 and cloudy. I'll take it. Actually looks like the remainder of the month is going to be below average for temps. We set up our haunt on Sunday and it's supposed to be in the 40's. Lots of hot coffee and warm cider for our helpers.

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,235 Posts
weather.com says 63/45 with 50% chance of rain on the 27th (night of our party) and 59/44 with 20% chance of rain on 31st. we really need the rain to hold off the night of the party, we're doing a scavenger hunt that reeeeeally needs to be done partly outdoors.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts