Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, it's still three weeks away but I know a lot of you are starting to check the long range forecasts. They'll change ten times between now and then but what do you have for the big night as of today?

We're cloudy with a high of 61 and low of 41. I'd take that all day.

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,372 Posts
weather.gov is all i trust, and right now it only goes to next wednesday. sunny, high near 70. that's a little more like october than it has been recently.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm seeing a high of 51 and low of 38, cloudy but no rain. A little chilly, but I'd be quite happy with that. Of course now that I've looked it up I'm sure it will be 98 degrees that day with 100% humidity.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
In 31 years of Home Haunting, in Vancouver, then in Samoa, and back in Canada, I've had 2 downpours, 1 drizzly night. Our TOT count was not affected. Don't worry about something you can't control. But make sure your props are waterproof and properly anchored...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here in Nebraska, the long range forecast is only going to 15 days out, but for Friday Oct 29, we're looking at High of 60, Low 38, 2% precip chance. So it's looking pretty good.

Last year it was about the same, cloudy though (which I think is better), wind was pretty strong during the day but usually dies down at night.

I'm hoping for warm conditions with little wind, last year my fog machine wouldn't work on Halloween night, even though it had worked every other time I had tested it.... got a better 700W one with chiller this year, and planning to splurge on some dry ice and reg. ice for the chillers.

We had a blizzard in October about 10 years ago, and the mayor actually cancelled Halloween, and rescheduled it a week later. We were well into the 90 degree marks for half of September, so our winters have been very mild the last few years, only a few light snowfalls. I'll take it. I can't stand being cold, but I don't care how hot it gets!

·
Registered
409 Posts
And here is the UK's forecast for Halloween:eek::
At present, there is a great deal of uncertainty for the end of October and into early November. Changeable conditions look most likely to prevail with spells of wind and rain, particularly for the north and west where coastal gales possible. The best of any drier and brighter weather is expected towards the south and east, perhaps bringing a risk of overnight frost and fog. Daytime temperatures are likely to stay around average for the time of year.

So Drake Manor will either be: blown away, washed away, frozen or lost in the fog:eek:

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
Just checked Accuweather and did a doubletake when I saw 23 for the 31st. Have no idea why it's showing celius. At least we're potentially talking 73F for a high, and 53F for low, sunny. Kind of cold but hope it stays warmer until much later at night. Always love sitting out on warmer nights and my haunt theme kind of needs it this year for the photo op.

Of course it will all change before then as usual. Way too early to be checking...opening yourself up to be on the torture train with lots of ups and downs. Right now we have a Red Flag aleert in the SF Bay area. Despite being like a hundred miles or so from the Sonoma/Napa fires, we've been seeing and smelling smoke depending on the wind pattern that day. Today they said we are under Very Unhealthy Air warning for all people, and more people out of the immediately fire area are wearing masks as they go about...and no, not halloween masks. I still have stuff to do outside so am right now more concerned about the winds and weather in the coming days.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Just looked again and it's getting better and better. At the moment, they predict an 88 degree high, 44 degree low, clouds but very warm, 0% chance of rain.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have been checking our weather as well. So this year it will be 53 and sunny, a far cry
from last years 80 and sunny. But no rain is what I have had my fingers crossed for.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Now I can start looking 61 day 42 night and clear

1 - 20 of 49 Posts