Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to hear about everyones favorite Halloween Party experience.

Mine was a birthday party that was held right before Halloween. It was a beautiful fall day and as all good birthday parties were, it was a sleep-over. After the usual antics (which, for pre-teen girls is, lip-syncing, dancing and laughing like idiots) the evening's activities were scaring eachother in the dark basement which was decorated for Halloween, and totally unexpected!

We kept ourselves occupied all night this way, and it was one of the best parties I ever attended.

·
Registered
281 Posts
This'll be my first year throwing a bigger halloween party, but in 2007 we had an interesting time at a friend's party. Both of us were under 21 and that meant we were stupid and wanted to drink our brains out. While I can handle my liquor, my friend couldn't and ended up exorcist-vomiting all over the house.

It was pretty funny looking back on it. And she continues to drink at parties, but now I have to watch her closely when she's had enough. lol

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
I could never pick a favorite. My first party was in 1987 and have had one every single year since. It would be impossible to pick just one. A great memory i have of one though is, We had a friend who never dressed up and everyone was riding him a little about it, so this particular year he showed dressed like an old wizard and was shooting fire out of his hands and he just floored everybody. He won best costume that year.

·
Registered
218 Posts
We fix our basement like a haunted house and give tours through it before we allow everyone to come down, turn on disco ball & dance (it's scary when the lights are all out except candles). One of our friends was convinced someone was waiting to scare her downstairs (no one was) and as she stepped off the last step, she started screaming, knocked my sister down to get up the steps!! I laughed so hard I almost fell because she thought someone had grabbed her ankle and in reality, she got tangled up in a plain old towel. It was ironic she got scared by something that wasn't meant to be scary at all!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,708 Posts
The good stuff:
• the "Tempt Your Fate" game. That rocked. We had people terrified to pop the balloons, and the folks that actually took the plunge surprised me.

• the year one of our friends made the "kitty litter cake" - it looked REAL, but tasted great (he made a raspberry trifle cake and then did the litter coating). There was a bunch left over as the rest of the guests hardly touched it...

• one of the guests came flying out of the bathroom, grabbed her husband and made him go with her... we had really dim lights in there and a cd with a crying woman sobbing, and other decor... she hadn't expected we'd decorate the bathroom as well and got freaked out. :D

The bad stuff? (your title didn't say specifically good or bad ;) )

The guy that brought his own liquor and had already broke open the bottle of Jack and killed half of it before he got to our house...and then proceeded to get so trashed that he passed out several times, but in between the unconscious states he'd go all street-rat crazy and alternate between wanting to DANCE :)rolleyes:) and saying things like "I'm going to kill all yall" under his breath with a big smile on his face.

He was warned that the following year if he got that trashed, he'd end up spending the rest of the night saran-wrapped to the tree in our back yard. I bought 10 rolls and was full prepared to stick him to that tree. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The first thing that usually pops into my head is a not good story.

4 years ago one of my husbands friends brought his quad over - he was told not to drive it - late in the night when the party was dieing down and everyone was hanging around the fire a responsable friend of mine wanted to ride it - I knew she would only do a lap or two around the yard so I didn't care. Of couse after that he had to get on it and get a second person on it and rode out of my property down the road up a hill and fliped it over on him. Somehow he was able to flip it back up (survival instinct) and came back to my house rode up to the fire and said 'Call 911' and passed out.

At first people thought he was kidding - Not! He is O.K now but he did break his arm in two places, crushed a few ribs and messed up one of his legs pretty bad, some internal injuries.

My husband called 911 the odd thing is when he said we need an ambulance and gave our address the person on the line said 'Ken?" it turned out a friend of my sisters who is a 911 dispatcher answered, she was suppose to be at our party but was called into work.

Good thing she was - she gave a heads up to the cops and drivers that we were a friend. When they pulled in it was obvious that we had a Big party with lots of drinking. They were very Cool!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wow, those are some great stories. My favourite so far was a fundraiser Shot In The Dark Mysteries put on for Grass Routes Adventures/Good Giving in Calgary a few years ago. I wrote the murder mystery game and the Grass Routes crew set to casting the suspects. When we arrived, everyone was in costume and I got to meet everyone who would be joining in the fun. My first victim was in an old woman costume, and she had balloons under her dress to "pump up" her chest. Only, at the very start of the mystery, she was to be found on the floor near the washrooms, and when she lay down.... here's the pic (it's the first one on that gallery list)

Shot In The Dark Murder Mysteries - Murder mystery games, kids mystery games and fun party games for everyone!

LOL Another one of my suspects had me laughing so hard. His costume was someone who had been electrocuted by a toaster. His pic is there too, if you want a good chuckle.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
My best memory was during our third halloween party. Pieter had made a pneumatic popup prop using the one on the vilethings website as an example. He had a remote control to control it and made it randomly popup. Everyone was checking it out but no one dared asked how it worked lol They all acted as if they knew what triggered it. Finally, one guy gets up the nerve to ask. Pieter tells him, you have to command him to rise. Pieter proceeds to say, 'rise monster' and pushes the button. Then the guy tries it and says, 'rise monster'. Of course Pieter doesnt push the button and nothing happens. So, Pieter gets the guy to say it over and over again...harder each time before he finally shows him the remote in his pocket :)

Worse memory was that same year when we woke up the day of our party and found this:

It had stormed during the night and our party tent was a mangled mess. I thought for sure there'd be no party that year. But a few friends came over with tools to straighten out the poles and set the tent back up!

MsM

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just remembered my absolute favs....

When the sun starts to set on Halloween....there's a feeling I get that's indescribable. As soon as it gets dark is when I always go Trick or Treating (I'm 22 and STILL Trick or Treat.) My mother used to take me and she'd be just as decked out as I was. Halloween was her thing too...

We'd spend the whole night getting candy and going to spookhouses. Then we'd go to Pizza hut and she'd get me a little pizza and we'd go home just in time to watch Are You Afraid of the Dark. I remember one year they had a marathon of it on Nickelodeon, back when it was Snick (Saturday Night Nick) and They called it Snick-or-treat.....

Anything spent with my mother was the best. We'd decorate the house all elaborately even if we didn't haunt. Huge spiderwebs and Blacklights, loud spooky music, misc crafts, pumpkin carving....Definately my favorite and man do I miss her.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My best memory was during our third halloween party. Pieter had made a pneumatic popup prop using the one on the vilethings website as an example. He had a remote control to control it and made it randomly popup. Everyone was checking it out but no one dared asked how it worked lol They all acted as if they knew what triggered it. Finally, one guy gets up the nerve to ask. Pieter tells him, you have to command him to rise. Pieter proceeds to say, 'rise monster' and pushes the button. Then the guy tries it and says, 'rise monster'. Of course Pieter doesnt push the button and nothing happens. So, Pieter gets the guy to say it over and over again...harder each time before he finally shows him the remote in his pocket :)

MsM
I love the pocket remote control bit! Would have been hilarious to watch that guy trying to command the monster.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Yeah, the poor guy still gets teased about it to this day :)

Now he joins in the fun by helping us make props. He helped out alot with our 3 axis skull last year.

MsM

·
Registered
656 Posts
Last year was my first Halloween party! It was quite a blast, everyone was very loud I remember and nobody could sit still. Finally I gathered everyone together and we played a game of Clue! :)

My favorite memory of that night though would have to be my friend Matt dressed up as Dark Vadar and my ghost outside my porch. Whenever someone opened up the door, the ghost started moving across the porch and doing a spooky boo, it was halarious, booooooo ooooooooo! It wasn't that creepy but it made me laugh everytime it went off when someone opened the door or walked infront of it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Great thread!
Several years ago, at our annual Halloween Party, I begrudgingly invited a neighbor who was "too cool" to be impressed by anything. You know the type. Anyway, in front of a bunch of other guests, she pointed out how a lit candle was burning too hot and was dripping wax all over everything. I guess she was expecting me to freak out and try and wipe up all the wax or something. I just smiled at her, then at the candle, and said, "I guess I better do something about that", and SOMEHOW, the candle immediately went out. By itself.
I was just as amazed as everyone else, but to get even with "Debby", it was my turn to act "too cool", and just stood there smiling at her as she almost sh*t a brick.
Yeah, that was rich.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts