Halloween Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
Does anyone else feel like if you don鈥檛 put up the display they might riot outside馃槀..going to hook up the radio station this year for people who drive bye... the best show I have is my golden retriever jumping up into the fog trying to bite it!

Prince of Arkham Asylum
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Does anyone else feel like if you don鈥檛 put up the display they might riot outside馃槀..going to hook up the radio station this year for people who drive bye... the best show I have is my golden retriever jumping up into the fog trying to bite it!
:ROFLMAO: Gotta love dogs!

I don't know if there'd be a riot outside if the house wasn't decked out for Halloween, but I know there'd be some level of disappointment based on the comments I get from so many people throughout the season.

I remember back to the "Halloween House" that inspired me from the 80s/90s and although he sometimes puts some level of it up, he hasn't in a couple of years now. That's been really disappointing to me for sure. I even let him know if he ever planned on getting rid of any of his stuff to let me know because I'd love to have some of his old props from my childhood in my haunt.

Prince of Arkham Asylum
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
@stick - Just like so many others, the transformation of your haunt is incredible! The last pic you posted is eerie and haunting! Not only a great setup, but an awesome pic.

Reactions: oldmeat and stick

Registered
This is what my display back in 2002/2003 looked like. Only one latex skeleton.

And this is it in 2020. Many more plastic skeletons.

Looks like 1 to 2 skeletons added per year on average...along with a lot of other stuff! Love it!

Reactions: stick

Typing Away
Thanks for the comments MT_Grave and The Joker.
You get a couple of skeletons together and before you know it there is a bunch of skeleton kids running around and then the skeleton In- laws start showing up.

crossfit zombie
Great thread! I am still using most of everything I started out with way back then I did have several albums but now they are media on here.I do prefer the albums as they are dated and everything doesn鈥檛 run together . But here is a pic from 2008 my other earlier haunt pics are actual pics and not digital.2008 and 2020

Prince of Arkham Asylum
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
While some have had humble beginnings and turned them into something spectacular, others started with a pretty big bang. Impressive!

Registered
While some have had humble beginnings and turned them into something spectacular, others started with a pretty big bang. Impressive!
Did everyone hit that straddle line...if I don鈥檛 put enough tombstones out it actually looks worse then just a couple..I went from 10 to 45 in one year...now I鈥檓 slowly replacing the bad stones with better quality.

Registered
Did everyone hit that straddle line...if I don鈥檛 put enough tombstones out it actually looks worse then just a couple..I went from 10 to 45 in one year...now I鈥檓 slowly replacing the bad stones with better quality.
I di that - went from about 6 medium size to now 2 large, about 8 medium and 4 smaller with a mausoleum eating up a good amount of space. It just looked way to bare....

Reactions: Haunter4ever

crossfit zombie
I have 100 home built stones some from
Some medical styrofoam shipping boxes and others from random foam to thick foam . Just whatever I could find at the time.But I really use only 20 maybe and I have my favs so a lot have never seen the dark in the graveyard

It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
Love that blacklight effect. Awesome improvement!
Fun fact: The original 'stones' are still in there. The old plywood forms are the internal backbone for the foam detailing. Most still have the same saying on them. I love knowing the orginals are still there. Obviously added some new one, and keep making more.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts