Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hallo all! Just one of those "off-season just for kicks" threads. I invite everyone to list their favourite movie or tv cemetery scenes. I'll start mine here just to give an example.

Cemetery scene from:

Freightners (wrought iron fences & above ground crypts... awsome!)

Disney's Haunted Mansion (classic cemetery including all the ghosts seen in the ride)

View attachment 3854

View attachment 3855

Sleepy Hollow (everything about this movie is awsome!)

Harry Potter; Goblet of Fire (at the end during the battle with "he who shall not be named")

Just to name a few to start off. Can't wait to hear everyone else's picks!

·
Resident Lunatic
1,772 Posts
The only one that comes to mind right now is the cemetery where Barbra meets her first zombie in Night of the Living Dead.

·
Super Moderator
5,801 Posts
Cemeteries really aren't "my thing".

That said, some...unorthodox ;) ones spring to mind.

SOLDIER: crappy Kurt Russell film has a large field with make-shift crosses against a barren landscape. The visual is tremendous with all those shadows.

Last of the Mohicans: Hiding out in Indian Burial Grounds to prevent the enemy from attacking...don't get a very good look at them, however.

Braveheart: Not so much the cemetery itself, but the funeral clothes of his love is interesting to me, just because it was unfamiliar.

Thunderheart: Indian Reservation cemetery. No fence, just an arch in the middle of nowhere. Tokens flowing in the wind on the graves.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool UnOrthodOx!

I was hoping to see some that were a little outside the box (no pun intended!)

:O)

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
The cemetary in the original "Omen" where Gregory Peck David Warner encounter the Rottweillers.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Army of Darkness - When Evil Ash is digging up his army.
Pet Cemetery
Thirteenth Warrior - This is more just a bone graveyard, but the number of skeletons and the hanging heads, including recently fallen comrades, was great. BTW, if you are a fan of this movie, or enjoy a bit of fantasy and history mixed together I highly suggest reading the book. Titled "Eaters of the Dead" by the late Michael Chrichton.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Growing up I loved all graveyards there was nothing more frightning than the classic graveyard in thick fog with a grave robber being eaten by a zombie.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hehe... Bloody Bill, I'm with you on that one... there's even something almost nostalgic about it! :OP

·
Registered
630 Posts
My favorite is in the 1990 version of Hamlet with Mel Gibson as Hamlet, when Hamlet and Horatio are in the cemetery.

First Clown A pestilence on him for a mad rogue! a' poured a
flagon of Rhenish on my head once. This same skull,
sir, was Yorick's skull, the king's jester.

HAMLET This?

First Clown E'en that.

HAMLET Let me see.

[Takes the skull]

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?
Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let
her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must
come; make her laugh at that. Prithee, Horatio, tell
me one thing.

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
It's been years since I've seen Phantasm but I remembered being very creeped out by the graveyard in that movie. The hearse and those little dwarf things in the monks robes.... <shudder>

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
C'mon you guys...

The cemetery from the first "Return of the Living Dead", where Trash was "Taking off her clothes again!", where the gang all partied 'til it started to rain?

That this wasn't mentioned earlier is a crime!

Oh, BTW... Hey, guys, glad to be back in the coffin again. Missed you guys over the winter.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I was pretty much fascinated by the cemetery in Dellamorte Dellamore.

And I must tell that I agree at 100% with Shadow Man that Sleepy Hollow is absolutely awesome ;)

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Sleepy Hollow and Phantom of the Opera, 2004 version.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dr. Z... I agree... but I have yet to see the whole movie! :O(

Madame Leota... I know there was one I was missing... How could I forget ALW's Phantom cemetery!!! D'oh!

Kevin242... can't go wrong there... I think it's literally been a decade (or two?) since I've seen that movie.. will have to watch it again!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
I like the cemetery in Easy Rider (1969). One of my favorite movies.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
The cemetary in the original "Frankenstein" (1931), in the opening scenes where Frankenstein and Igor are exhuming the body.

Veryshocking scenes back in the day..

"The Omen" and "Pet Semetary" are another couple that come to mind..

Hammer films usually did a good cemetary...

·
Registered
630 Posts
The cemetery from the movie Ghost Rider with Nicolas Cage was pretty cool, also the one in the first Hell Boy movie in Russia was awsome.

·
Registered
128 Posts
ADDAMS FAMILY (the original series), mainly because I love the idea of having your own private cemetery in your back garden !!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts