Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Celtic Spirit
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While wistfully gazing out the window, wondering where all the tots were I noticed a flood light out. I walked out to see what the problem was when a huge, and I mean huge, tot came around the corner. I jumped and screamed, scared the crap out of me!! I yelled , "Hey, I'm supposed to scare you!" Then I heard this little girlish giggle and we both starting laughing. I never seen a costume like this, I think it might have been an inflatable, looked like a big, black & white Oogie Boogie.

·
Registered
306 Posts
We had plenty of superhero's come do our door this year, but these 2 Tots were the best in my book. They had the typical store bought Superman costume on, the one with the foam muscles, but they actually had a nice suit on over it. The shirt was open, the tie was ascue, they wore a Daily Planet badge, and you could see the costume underneath. I'm a huge Superman buff and I thought these kids costumes took the cake. Not many would have thought to do that, and I think their parents did. LOL. I gave them extra candy because of the creativity.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Besides my own little glitter princess witch, my faves would probably be the young princess who eyed my cautiously...until I offered the treat, then eagerly took it - yet kept a weather eye out for me all night, just to make sure the scary bird man wasn't following her...and the preteen who tried to stare me down, rather than say trick or treat (he lost).

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'll have to go with my own kids zombie with a pencil stuck out of his head. Got his picture taken like 6 times.
Most memorable was the grown dude in the morph suit. As my 12 year old said "you could see all his junk" Um dude COVER UP. EWWWWWW.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
One year we had a boy in a wheel chair. His parents made a Special Needs School Bus out of plywood, and slipped it over his chair. It had moving wheels, lights, the works. And he was dressed like a bus driver of the 50's. So cute.

But my favorite was a kid who came out during an election year. The election was only about a week away and someone had canvases the neighborhood that afternoon and left a bag of info on everyone's doorknob. It wasn't my candidate, so I just ignored it. Later in the night a kid and his mother came up and he was carrying that bag as treat bag. Just to kid with him I pointed to the bag and said That's the scariest thing I've seen all night. He dropped his bag and said, "Mom, I told you I didn't want to carry it." He was so mad. Mom and I just laughed and I gave another bag. I keep a bagful of extras incase anyone gets a hole in theirs. I wonder if that kid hates politics because of me. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts