Halloween Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1607 Posts

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
I have gone through every page of this thread and LOVE LOVE LOVE everything. I am absolutely inspired! We hope in the next year or two to begin to add a 'more mature' haunt in our backyard (no blowmolds). There is endless imagination and inspiration in this thread! Thank you all so much!!

I want to explain that we started displaying many years ago with and for our autistic son who was terrified of Halloween. In the beginning everything had to be smiling and happy. As they say, if you build it, they will come. We started to have many visitors with very young children and children with special needs. So our cemetary is very cartoon-like with zero spooky factor.

VIEWER BEWARE! If 'cute' makes you squeamish... go no further! LOL For all you hardcore Haunters out there... think of it this way. Someone has to seduce all those impressionable toddler minds, get that seed planted, and get them hooked on Haunting! LOL

Here is our first cemetary. Welcome to Pumpkin Hill Cemetary!

_MG_2572 - 2010-10-16 at 19-02-25.jpg _MG_2580 - 2010-10-16 at 19-15-21.jpg Halloween Display 2010 051.jpg Pumpkin Hill 2011 (10).jpg Pumpkin Hill 2011 (13).jpg Cemetary (3).jpg hween 2009 090.jpg

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Your cemetery is very cool and magical for kids. I wish half my yard was set up like yours. A really nice job reaching your goals.
I just passed out... I feel like one of those screaming teenage girls that just got a compliment from Elvis!!! I'm a BIG fan of yours!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
diggerc, that is another wonderful shot of your cemetary. i love that ghoul and everything.
hilda, really, you're going to stop doing blow molds? but you are my hero. i love blow molds. your cemetary is awesome. i didn't even know half those blow molds existed. oh dear, so sad!

·
Emperor of Candlewood
4,330 Posts
Wow! Lots of great new additions! Have not been on this thread for a while but glad I did! Krispy Kudos to all! :D

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Hilda, I was never a fan of blow molds until now. Your cemetary is fantastic. It is pure Halloween fun.
Thank you so much! That is what we were going for!! :D

hilda, really, you're going to stop doing blow molds? but you are my hero. i love blow molds. your cemetary is awesome. i didn't even know half those blow molds existed. oh dear, so sad!
Oh no! I must have worded that wrong... The front and side blowmold displays will stay the same. We want to add a scary/gothic/traditional haunt down on the terraces behind the house in our backyard. At the back of Sleepy Hollow Graveyard pictured above is a staircase down. That will lead down to the Yard Haunt. No wee ones allowed. Well, that is the long term plan. Thank you always for your kind words!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i am glad you are keeping tha blow mold site. or else i want to live by you when you curb those babies. your set up is awesome. now i can't wait to see what you add for the scary part.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Wow! Hilda, that is blow mold heaven! Impressive to say the very least! :D
Thank you so much!! Although I believe my husband mumbles something about living in blowmold hell from time to time! ;)

i want to live by you when you curb those babies.
That made me laugh! ...and thank you so much for all your kind words!

Very cool haunt, with all thoses amazing blowmolds!
Thank you very much! I'm thrilled with the positive response to the blowmolds.

·
Registered
261 Posts
DSCF0503.jpg Here is my home pre-haunt
DSCF0507.jpg
DSCF0509.jpg
DSCF0515.jpg
DSCF0530.jpg
DSCF0514.jpg That last pic was our window display. We had a lot better pictures but the camera met an unfortunate end when someone left it on the top of her truck and drove away....oops.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks! It just so happened that we had a huge dirt patch on the outside of our driveway because my husband put in a new piece of concrete...it allowed visitors to go around and see the tombstones as well. I had strings of strobe lights that had little sound machines attached that ran in between the stones. This year I am planning 2 major tombstone builds and more lighting effects.

1241 - 1260 of 1607 Posts