Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give us your best stuff , I know this time of year brings out the little devil in me. Ok here's mine, I have a pvc Micheal Myers in a window faceing the front of our house. He's been there a couple of weeks already. Yesterday I put on his blue coveralls and mask a then got into his spot. I called my wife so I knew she was 5 mins away. She got out of her car ,got a few things from the rear and headed for our door.The walkway goes right in front of my window. She walks then stops for a second to look at me, she later told me the hair on the mask looked wrong. RIght as she pauses to look I jump towards her and smack the glass. She let out a major scream and jumped back a foot. I know this is something you all can appreciate.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,686 Posts
OMG that is priceless! :D

I don't have anything like that, but I'm interested to see what others will post. ;)

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
For years, my father actually started this and I think it was also pulled off by my granfather, we put out a dummy in old clothes, big work boots, skeleton hand gloves, a pillow case head with a skeleton tie mask on the head and an old hat. He was stuffed with leaves from the yard. He woul sit on the front porch on a bench starting early October.

Skip to Halloween night...I would replace the dummy (wife said it's a step down for the dummy:rolleyes:), dressed in the same clothes and costume, and we would put a culdron full of candy at my feet and a sign tied around my neck with some twine stating, "Please take one piece".

Now the fun part, kids come up, read the sign and reach into the culdron to grab a fistfull...I sit up and yell, "Can't you read, the sign says take one!". Great fun watching them scramble to get off the porch!

Quit doing this a couple of years ago, just didn't want to end up gettin hit in the head with a full bag of candy or a kid bashing me with her broomstick!

I do take a spot in my gravyard as an "inanimate" prop and freak out some of our ToTers when I suddenly come to life. Part of the fun I remember as a kid was being on the receiving end of the scare! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an animatronic thing from awhile ago and had it plugged in sitting in the garage for a few days. Then I cut out a small black circle to stand on out of plywood. Then one day, before my dad got back from work I put on the costumes I had put on my animatronic's clothes (I took it apart a few years ago and added my own clothes.) and stood on the circle. I moved robotically when he walked by and then I jumped of the circle and screamed at him. It was hilarious. I plan on doing this for my haunted yard on Halloween.

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Now the fun part, kids come up, read the sign and reach into the culdron to grab a fistfull...I sit up and yell, "Can't you read, the sign says take one!". Great fun watching them scramble to get off the porch!

LOL, I think it was America's Funniest Home Videos or something last year when a guy did the same thing on his porch to a couple of teens and one of them freaked out and punched him. Make sure you're wearing protection.....;)

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
LOL, I think it was America's Funniest Home Videos or something last year when a guy did the same thing on his porch to a couple of teens and one of them freaked out and punched him. Make sure you're wearing protection.....;)
There was a youtube video floating around where a guy pops out of a garbage can and gets popped in the face also. Never got hit, thankfully, but I also never touched anyone, didn't even enter the "personal zone"!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm doing zombie's etc in one part of my yard\graveyard this yr which is next to the walkway to the door. I dug a grave next to the walkway big enough for me to fit in. Have the back 3/4 covered w\ lattice then grass\fake towel dirt grave on top of that. Have other zombie ground breakers coming from other graves and a shovel next to the "fresh grave".

W\ the darkness and fog you can't see my head below the ground....can't wait to crawl out all zombified lol !!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
well I'm a Halloween lover so yeahh of course I bought a Michael Myers costume(you know Michel Myers the best!!!!!), and I put inside the costume like some little pillows you know so he looks real, and well now Michael Myers is all day long sitting on my bed and I did the same with Freddy Krueger and Jason o yeahh they look so reallll!!!!!! and well I got crazy so i put Halloween things, Michel Myers photos in all my walls even in the ceiling, so now theres no empty space, all my room now really look scary(well more than everyday MUAJAJAJAJAJA) and Yeah of course jajaja I did the same with the rest of the house and I gotta put so much more!!!!!!!!!!!ohhh my garden looks so damn scary yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh, I almost forgot! A great prank to play on family/roommates is that put water on your finger and write something like "I'm watching you!" on the mirror and let it sit there. Then, next time someone takes a shower in that bathroom, when the steam covers up the window, the words you wrote earlier will not fog up. I learned this after using a mirror in my bathroom to remember something somebody was telling me over the phone. The next morning my heart skipped a beat! lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a costume that consists of an old sweatshirt, a cardboard box, and a fake arm and hand. The sweatshirt has a hole at the shoulder, so I can stick my arm in through the back of the box; the fake arm is in the sweatshirt sleeve and wired to the box, to appear to be my real arm. When ToTs approach the real arm comes out of the box ("...thank you, Thing...") with candy.

I wore that to a costume party, and pulled that on someone (who was obviously tripping on something). Seriously messed with his head....

Alternately the arm inside the box wears a black sock puppet with big teeth!

·
Registered
799 Posts
This is long but I promise its a good one.

We had a camping trip during halloween for school and one of the guys brought a Jason glow in the dark mask with him.

Our teacher was one heck of a prankster. We waited until about 11pm and left our cabin. There was no AC in the cabins so the windows were open. We crept up to the back of the girl's cabin and he told us to make the Jasons sounds You know, the whisper ha-ha-ha-che-che-che-ha-ha-ha-che-che-che

So we did, except Trey he couldn't stop laughing.

Anyway, we did it loud enough for the girls to hear it and our teacher crept up to the windows very quietly and slowly rose up. Dawn was the first to see him. She screamed bloody murder and literally jumped from the top of one bunk to the top of another. The rest of the girls screamed and pointed at the window. Then he began to claw at the screen with his fingers and they screamed louder. Most of us were gone by this time laughing so hard but you'd never know through the screaming. But he wasn't done yet. Becuase he was a teacher, he had a universal key the camp had given him and used it to unlock the door. He turned the knob just enough to unlock it then kicked the door in as hard as he could. The screaming was unreal. He walked in with the mask on holding a turned off flashlight which you couldn't really see wasn't a weapon. The girls were in the corner screaming at him at full lung capacity with Mrs. Elmore in front of them in her nightgown and prounounced "You cannot harm these girls!" To which he raised the flashlight over his head as if to strike them. They of course screamed even louder.

Then he took off the mask.

They rushed in to beat him senseless and being the brave little soldiers we were, we ran :D

Very rarely have I ever laughed that hard in my life.

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We need to video these pranks, I think that might make a good contest. Best Halloween prank video gets a prize, pass the word to the powers that be!!

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
A couple years ago I was working at my friend Tim's haunt as crowd teaser/go-fer/stage hand. It was my job to scramble in/on/around/through the haunt carrying messages, plugging lights back in, replace bulbs/fog juice, refill the candy cauldron--you know, go-fer stuff. I wore an entirely black outfit [robe, pants, sash, boots, and gloves] with one of those black faceless hood masks. Between messages/tasks I'd help the gate girl with crowd control. I'd pick a group tweens or early teens obviously focus on one of them. This typically caused a great deal of nervous giggling and some good natured teasing amongst them and I could learn stuff like their names and who the screamer was. I'd lurch along like a shadow until they reached the gate where the gate girl would ignore my existence and declare "nothing is there". When the group went in, I'd slip in through the service door to get ahead of them. Thet had to pass through a fogged maze with black plastic walls full of static props. I'd get close to the wall and in my loudest raspy stage whisper start repeating their words until they decided something was in there with them and started screaming about it when I'd change to saying there's nothing in here. They would bolt out into the graveyard scene where 2 ghouls actors would heard them into the crypt entrance of a dark mausoleum; I'd slip ahead of them into the crypt chamber. This room required guests to pass between 2 stone coffins. With their attention focused on the coffins, I'd step from the shadows behind them and whisper on of their names. The shrieking was....WONDERFUL. And yes, I got a few bruises from bags of candy smacking me, but it was SO worth it. What made it work was the personalized touch on knowing their names--it gives a fun haunt a more sinister edge.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Okay, so my story is a little lame, but I had a blast. When I first started decorating to attract ToT's, I didn't have a lot of decorations, but I used everything I had. So as the ToT's were walking up to the front door and looking at all my stuff, I had already climbed up into the bed of my hubby's big 4 x 4 truck, crouched down in the bed, and jumped out at the ToT's as they walked by. I didn't even have a costume or mask on (what a newbie), but I scared the beejesus out of a lot of kids. I had so much fun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts