Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow Halloweeners,
I have recently joined and I just want to say that you are so lucky that Halloween is a big thing where you are. I'm from England and although its grown hugely over recent years, its nothing like in the US. You have some fantastic suppliers with really unusual merchandise that we cant get in the UK. May be one day but in the meantime i'm looking to purchase a Christine crank ghost (been trying for ages but nothing here) and also a Grossferatu figure - can anyone help me out.

Trisha

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Several years ago I discovered a UK haunted site and was appalled! They could not stop talking about either having been to the USA during Halloween or wanting to come here then.. to see chainsaw ballets, American movie monsters and the common Halloween fare that happens here (and never really changes)
Leave England, it's Castles, HISTORY! Legends! Ghosts!? For a lowly chainsaw?
Amazing!...

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Trisha.
I'm in the UK.. (Wiltshire to be exact) and we have seen quite an increase in the number of UK members here on the forum in recent years. Great to see another one on board! We run a big yard haunt here at Samedi Manor every Halloween, and whilst I agree that yard haunts are very rare on this side of the pond, I do see that more and more people are at least decorating and welcoming trick or treaters. :D I also agree that the quality of props available to purchase here are generally of very poor quality at best...still, it makes us UK haunters resourceful as most of us build at least some of our larger props. You'll find some great advice from some very talented and helpful people here to help you.
I'm always more than happy to talk about Halloween all year round. just drop me a message if you want to chat "Halloween UK Style" at any time. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm also from the UK, Scarborough here and I do a yard haunt every year, we got over 100 trick or treaters come last year and im making it much bigger this year, I completely agree about our stores being rubbish for halloween, luckily theres a great family owned store near me called north street shop, and she completely decks the place out for halloween each year, amd I inevitably buy 1 of everything they have lol, I really hope it is getting better, and I think it is, I love halloween :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
I wish I'd known about that store - I would have looked in when I was in Scarborough not long ago. Where exactly is it located Squiggzie, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome Trisha and I hope you find the props you're looking for. I'm glad to hear Halloween is growing in the UK because it is so much fun and it's one of the best ways to show the world your creativity and making your neighbors pee their pants!! Lol. Welcome . . .

GG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts