Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to know what everyone's must watch movie/TV show at Halloween. The #1 that you absolutely have to see no matter what. I'm hoping to come across new stuff with everyone's response. Mine is Halloween 1978. It's my must watch on the 31st. Even though I watch it a lot through out the year I have to watch it on the day! I've even watched it on my phone while driving home from work just to make sure I watched it on the 31st. (Not recommended haha). Is there anything that you have to watch on the 31st as well? If not on the day something that you have to see at least once before. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
My #1 must-watch for Halloween is always Stan Winston's original Pumpkinhead - so atmospheric. :cool:

Honorable mentions would be:

Gremlins and Gremlins 2: The New Batch

Twilight Zone: The Movie

Scream

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is a a must-watch. I get seriously bummed out if I miss it. As a little kid, the original Halloween Dolly Madison commercial used to scare the bejeebers out of me! It was the one where the camera zoomed through the spooky house and a scary hand reached for the cakes.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,009 Posts
We watch Halloween themed and horror movies the entire month so there is no one "must watch" since the list is crazy long...

Top 10 (not in order):

Hocus Pocus
The Frighteners
Fright Night
Arsenic and Old Lace
Trick R Treat
Terror Train
House on Haunted Hill (1999)
Ghost and Mr. Chicken
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
Idle Hands

·
Registered
188 Posts
A must every year is The Crow on the night of the 30th and then during the month of October I always watch all of these:

Hocus Pocus
Addams Family
Addams Family Values
Halloween Town
Halloween Town 2
Buffy The Vampire Slayer (movie)
Casper
Practical Magic
Sleepy Hollow (movie)
Double Double Toil and Trouble

·
Registered
1 Posts
Halloween (1978) and Halloween 2 (1981) are both must watch for the 31st (usually played 2x in the background of our party as well), but we celebrate the whole month so its a different movie (or 2 or 3) every night. We like the slasher stuff (Michael, Freddy, Jason, Chucky) but also watch almost any scary movie we can find.

Try these in no particular order (Maybe not on Halloween but during the season):

I've really come to like the Paranormal Activity series and the Conjuring (1&2).
Sinister is really good (First movie to get me in a very long time).
Blair Witch the original and the one that recently came out was very good if you liked the first one.
When a stranger calls
Phantasm
Psycho (1960)
The Hills Have Eyes (1977)
The Exorcist
The Stepfather (1987)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Scream

P.S. I love horror movies and watch them the whole year, so I have a lot more that I am not mentioning but gosh there are so many! :D

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
One movie I haven't watched in a while is The Fog. The remake is OK, but my pick is the original 1980 version that scared the crap out of me as a kid. Every time we drive through thick fog I start making creepy foghorn noises. :D

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Dracula 1931 and the Wolfman. Those have been the two that i watch on Halloween day since i was a kid. Back then we didnt have all of the media that we do now and those are the two that the public tv played so thats what we always watched, haha.... I still watch them to this day. Ive also added the Worst Witch with Tim Curry over the years. So those are my 3 exact same every single year :)

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
TV viewing on October 31st just does not happen at Chez Wolfman.....way, way too much other stuff going on. However, during the last two weeks of Oct., I do try to pop in Sleepy Hollow and, of course, the original "Wolfman" with Lon Chaney Jr. Can't beat the tone, the atmosphere...

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,842 Posts
OMG, I watch horror all year round and just binge on it during Novemberween (if I'm too busy planning a Halloween party) and October for my off year. For me, it's the original Halloween and Trick R Treat plus the Universal monster classics. I keep a list of movies I give 3 skulls (stars) and up if anyone is looking to scratch their horror itch. https://www.pinterest.com/zim2/horror-moviestv-i-like/

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Hocus Pocus, Trick R Treat are the staples. I just watch the 90's version of Stephen King's It, and it is as awesome as I remember, so it will go into the rotation. This year I'm binging season 2 of Stranger Things.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts