Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an old rocky chair the other day at the curb. I was late to work cause I was trying to shove into my car. It was in good condition. Heavy as heck, not a cheap one. It had been repainted a few time and had an old look to it. Just a note to others; Rocking chair don't fit in 1973 Firebirds. I had to leave it on the curb. I was looking for an old rocking chair last year for my witch tent. All day I was dreaming of things to do with it and to my surprise it was still there after work. I did a Drive by, LOL, and it was still there. I went home grabbed a drink and chilled out a little, then went to claim my prize. The angels were singing as I passed through downtown and when I got there the singing just kinda fizziled out. I sat there heart broken, a tear rolled down my eye. Next time I'm stapping it to the hood with duct tape. LOL

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Bummer, dude. I've been looking for a rocking chair, too. I might have to go to Savers on the Labor Day half price sale. :(

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,287 Posts
I have had this happen too many times to count. :(

I now stop EVERY TIME. Even if I'm going to be late somewhere...:rolleyes::eek:

So sorry you missed out!

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
I have a neat story about a rocking chair.

My husband and I was browsing in an antique mall and one of the booths was empty all except 1 rocking chair and it was one of these old victorian pressed back oak rocking chairs with all the turned legs and braces. It had a tag on it but I didn't stop to see how much it was. I walked around a little more and then went back to check. The price tag said FREE. I thought this can't be right so I asked the cashier and she said "yep. that's it free" I asked her why they were giving it away and she said that the dealer had closed his booth and took all of his things but he forgot the chair. He decided instead of driving back to get it, he would just give it to someone. I was thrilled but I felt like I was stealing. It worked perfectly in my haunted house.

Sorry about your story though. Shame on you for stopping to chill !
:p

·
Creepin When Your Sleepin
1,143 Posts
Ok so let me get this right..... you pasted by it not once but twice and you didn't pick it up????? You went home for a drink??? What wuz you thinking????? Silly You!
I got my rocking chair at my local goodwill store. Try good will or the salvation army.
or any second hand store. Good luck next time carry it home and leave the car sit!!!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Sorry you missed out on your rocking chair! Silly thirst. No duct tape needed if you grab it the first or second time you go past :)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
OH OH !! here where it shows!! What are you guys doing with your rocking chairs?

I have an old antique one hanging from a hook from the garage ceiling. It was my Great Grandmothers & she used it to rock all 6 babies she had. Actually the finish on it is perfect & would not have to be touched at all cause I have hauled it around for over 30 years but never had it in the house. There's really no family left so when I go it will end up in a estate sale.

What should I do with it & what do you use to make them rock?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts