Halloween Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

The Haunting Girl
Ok adding to that one.... and you try to be appreciative but you were already there three weeks ago.
Of course! The people at my old job knew that one year I worked at a Halloween City and every single year after that they would ask if I was working at the Halloween store that year. Now they ask if I'm working at the farm this year, but I did that every Fall since I started. Unfortunately I have to take this year off.

I thought it was just me 馃槅
When co-workers introduce you to new clients as the office Halloween freak.
When every closet in your house is stuffed with totes and boxes of Halloween stuff....and you keep buying more!
Yea, I get introduced that way a lot to new co-workers and occasionally customers.
Yea... I'm taking up at least 1 closet, a crawl space, and a growing corner in the basement... And there's stuff all over the house too.

When you walk into Home Depot and the employees ask what kind of Halloween project I am working on and it's April.
At this point my former coworkers at Lowe's just assume everything I buy is for Halloween. If someone had an odd project and I was working they would totally bring the customer over to me. One of the guys in plumbing would see me in the pipe aisle he would always ask me "what are you building now with my pipes?"

I'll add a few more:

When you're shopping for a new car and ask if it can fit 10 foot pieces of PVC pipe in it.
When you buy 10 foot pipe/conduit by the bundle and you're not a contractor.
When you have every available shape/configuration of schedule 40 fittings that is available on the shelf memorized.
When you know the one fitting you need isn't a standard shape so you debate the pros and cons of ordering it from a specialty store online or just trying to come up with different way of building your prop.
When your coworkers save pieces of foam for you to build more tombstones with.
When you have a thumb drive just for Hauntcast (and you made sure to get one with plenty of space on it for future episodes of course).

Registered
Of course! The people at my old job knew that one year I worked at a Halloween City and every single year after that they would ask if I was working at the Halloween store that year. Now they ask if I'm working at the farm this year, but I did that every Fall since I started. Unfortunately I have to take this year off.

Yea, I get introduced that way a lot to new co-workers and occasionally customers.
Yea... I'm taking up at least 1 closet, a crawl space, and a growing corner in the basement... And there's stuff all over the house too.

At this point my former coworkers at Lowe's just assume everything I buy is for Halloween. If someone had an odd project and I was working they would totally bring the customer over to me. One of the guys in plumbing would see me in the pipe aisle he would always ask me "what are you building now with my pipes?"

I'll add a few more:

When you're shopping for a new car and ask if it can fit 10 foot pieces of PVC pipe in it.
When you buy 10 foot pipe/conduit by the bundle and you're not a contractor.
When you have every available shape/configuration of schedule 40 fittings that is available on the shelf memorized.

When you know the one fitting you need isn't a standard shape so you debate the pros and cons of ordering it from a specialty store online or just trying to come up with different way of building your prop.
When your coworkers save pieces of foam for you to build more tombstones with.
When you have a thumb drive just for Hauntcast (and you made sure to get one with plenty of space on it for future episodes of course).
This one is fantastic!!! Last year I bought one of those blowtorches for burning leaves, I use it to heat up pvc and conduit so you can bend it perfectly!!!

Registered
Was off today, and popped by Target and then Michael's (they're right next to each other) to look at their Halloween goods. Between that, and the big old Harvest Moon out this fine Friday the 13th evening, and everyone here on this site getting me hyped, I'm in full Halloween mode tonight. Just back from the local Spirit for bat-wings, which I intend on attaching to their dangling zombie baby and hang him from a tree limb. I haven't attached them yet, but they look perfect, judging from him laying on the table with them. It's as if The Weekly World News' "Batboy" came to life!

Registered
When you 鈥榡ust run in to grab a new toothbrush and shampoo鈥 and come out with a cart full of Halloween decor you don鈥檛 need because there was a buy one get one free sale plus 20% off all full price items. 馃檮

Registered
when you pull skeletons out of storage to dress them in pirate clothing purchased from Goodwill and leave them in the living room. The next morning, you almost shoot them with your concealed carry weapon because you forgot they were there. Yep, back to storage they go. :)
Forgetting you left a prop out in your living room is one of the most hysterical and frightening things! Thank goodness you didn鈥檛 fire!

Registered
When you FINALLY decide what to decorate your front porch with for Halloween so you have something up and make your husband teach you how to use the pressure washer cause you refuse to put your Halloween decorations on a dirty porch. Gotta love power washing the house in the dark on a Wednesday!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts