Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you unpack all your Dept 56/Lemax houses and you find three of the same thing...more than once.
OMG.. I have to laugh at this. For the first time in 3 years, I am pulling out my Dept 56.. Thankfully I have been too busy buying other things to buy double...Putting it out this year for sure..... Cant wait to see what you have...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
When it’s Labor Day weekend and fridge is full of chicken and burger to grill but it’s not happening cause you’re in the garage painting ghost fruit, viper venom, and a spooky mirror and trying to make sure your straw bale to pumpkin ratio is right.

Of course this is after driving 3 hours yesterday to visit 6 different Kroger stores and pretty much come up empty handed so you could start three new group chats and try to get people at work who you’ve done a million favors for to go get you cat pumpkins!

Yeah, I need a group. Oh wait... I have one! 😂

·
Registered
38 Posts
I make special trips to new stores I just heard about w/ "Halloween stuff" and I get judgmental on what they have & their prices because I know where else I can get (or have already gotten) the same item for a better price. I did have to tell myself to back away from the $3.99 rat skeleton at At Home the other day - I have 2 already and I'm trying to minimize the small props which are too easy for someone to steal from my outdoor scene.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
When friends on Facebook send you ideas for props to make. When you go to thrift stores and yard sales and look at most things as potential for something to make a prop with. When all you dream about is how to make a prop or improve a prop. When you start planning for next year's Halloween builds before you finish building this years builds. When you can't wait for the day after sales to begin.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Oh forgot one major one. When you start looking around your house for things you can sell so you can afford to buy more Halloween stuff or stuff to use for building props. "Do I really need that toaster?" "when was the last time I used the microwave?" "I can fit all my clothes into one dresser if I get rid of a bunch of clothes."

1 - 20 of 52 Posts