Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I was in JF pricing up burlap for a couple things I have cooking and it was $2.99/yd. I went home and found a printable coupon for 50% that expires this Saturday. Well I stopped in today to get my burlap and notice the price is now $3.99/yd. I was fine with it since I had my coupon so I get my fabric cut, go up to the cash register and she says "Oh, its on sale for $2.99/yd so you can't use your coupon on this.

-__-

So they jacked up the price, then made the sale price what it was the week before so if you come in with your coupon, you can't use it an essentially pay full price. I'm sure after Saturday it will be back to $2.99/yd.

Well played Joann, well played.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Burlap is often MUCH cheaper at Home Depot or a garden center, depending how much you need. JoAnn does indeed love to play games with prices.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Burlap is often MUCH cheaper at Home Depot or a garden center, depending how much you need. JoAnn does indeed love to play games with prices.
It's not usually the same burlap at home depot/etc. The fabric stores are typically a tighter weave than your landscaping burlap.

F

·
0 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me yesterday with faux fur ! Thats ok it shed everywhere ! hehehehehe

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
It's not usually the same burlap at home depot/etc. The fabric stores are typically a tighter weave than your landscaping burlap.
Yep. this. Landscaping fabric really doesn't work well for hiding the gizzards of a prop. I use surplused burlap sacks used to ship chocolate from other continents. Each one provides 12-15 square feet of material to work with, and I get them a lot cheaper than $3.99 a yard. This year's supply was actually free.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Michaels likes to mess with pricing and coupons sometimes as well. Funny how things are on sale the day they are put on the shelves, which corresponds with the week they have a big savings coupon but only good for regularly priced items. I have caught a few things where the sales price on the rack isn't what the item rings up as, as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts