Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through this thread when I read a couple of things that brought back abundant memories, namely, it made me think of one of my favorite Halloween record albums from the past as well as one of my all-time favorite Halloween board games. The album was Spike Jones' Spooktacular in Screaming Sound, which I had in vinyl way back when. The game was called "Shrieks and Creaks". It came with a cassette tape and a "talking" tombstone - a speaker that was turned on and off by placing game keys in its top. So I put both through a general Google search and guess what? I found free download sights for the album, the audio to the game and all the original cover art for both. God bless the Net!:D

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
Can you share the game audio site with us. I have this game, and have never played it. It is buried in storage somewhere. Thanks.

Btw I have that Spike Jones record. I made it into a cd that I listen to a lot. If you want to see just how many Halloween themed records there were made check out Scar Stuff Blog for a God reference point.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure. It's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dpIG0F4vBI. The entire 31-minute track is posted as a YouTube video with the game board cover as its only graphic. Once you crack the audio using almost any converter, the game should be totally playable again, as long as the device you're playing it on has an earphone jack. The game's "Talking Tombstone" is just a plug in speaker, after all.

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts