Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably should do a search on this, but so many new haunters have joined, and the old timers love to teach us newbie how its done...LOL !
I am interested to know the quick scares people have come up with at their haunts or parties. You know ......
threads hanging from the ceiling , like spider webs and the drop down spider. Or the old stand by - jump from behind the bush type things. Does anyone have some cool, harmless, "easy" scares they can share?

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
sit really still in, say, a crouched position or seated limply, dressed up like something that could easily be a prop...

and wait for them to get really close...

so close you can hear them whisper....

'its not alive, its just a prop...'

then when they reach out and poke you...

... ... ...

don't move, watch them relax and move on...

then move ever so slowly till they notice...

and when they get that startled 'oh my god' look...

jump up and chase after them (provided there is room for chasing) :D

one of the best scares i've done

·
Registered
457 Posts
last yr our simplest quick scare was a small air horn, the canned air kind for sporting events. I kept it in my pocket. It was great... while tip toeing thru the haunt, listening to the silence, trying to look every which way at once, waiting for something to happen, ***HONNNNNKKKKK***my sister threw up her hands and fell to her knees LOL

·
Registered
444 Posts
I agree with Dogman! I dressed up as a prop one year and that fooled and scared the most kids. It was funny because most of the younger kids would try to tell their older siblings that there was a person in that costum! But, every time the older kids would tell them that it was fake and keep on coming..

·
Super Moderator
5,672 Posts
Ditto from me.

Dressed as a dummy with the bowl of candy in my lap and a sign that said 'take one'.

Some DAD come up, and is shining this flashlight RIGHT into my eyes, and actually poking me, for what seemed like FOREVER. (I had a VERY good mask, they could NOT see my face/eyes/anything)

He triumphantly declares me 'just a dummy' and turns to walk away. I silently followed him. Their son flew across the street, the mom screamed and froze, and the dad started to run but caught himself in a couple steps but not before letting out a humorous yelp.

It's the easiest scare out there.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Inside our garage haunt, I have one of those big scary hanging guys, with the big scary heads and big hands and are made of cloth or something, I set it up inside the entrance into the garage, so it's hanging there facing people as they walk into the garage and behind it on a step ladder I have an electric leaf blower that I have hooked to a remote control, so I just push a button from on the porch and the leaf blower roars to life and blows the monster right at the tot.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
At the end of our haunt is thru the garage, & just when they think (ToTers) have made it thru - i have boat dual air horn set up so as they leave- WHAM-
they get the horns !! & inside the garage has an extra loudness that gives them a jump.Now thats the best cheap quick scare i've given them ! :D (ever been under the hood & ya buddy hits the horn !!??!! )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts